PDA

View Full Version : Very Peculiar

Clavius_SA
2 Feb 2008, 16:20
Apologies if it's been extensively covered, didn't quite know what to search for for this.

The problem is this: I've installed WA on my laptop, and when roping, the rope refuses to reshoot on certain things... It's very strange, because it's not entirely random. It'll work fine roping along a flat ceiling, but refuses to most of the time when ascending. Yes I am not a moron and it isn't limited reshoots, also it isn't the space bar, I tested that, and like I said it's 100% of the time fine on a flat ceiling. Also i've done two clean installs since, using the same stuff as my working regular PC setup, and it persists.

Here's (http://www.stonedroses.com/ryan/crap/ihatemylaptop.zip) a replay of me idling about on a roperace getting frustrated with it, it's fairly obvious when it's refusing to reshoot. Also at the end when i'm falling it comes back about 10 seconds later.

So yeah, what in the hell... ?

Melon
2 Feb 2008, 16:28
Cheap keyboards, particularly laptop ones, lock up when certain keys are pressed at the same time. Whenever I'm holding either left or right, and the up key, the spacebar stops responding. I believe you are having the same problem, as you're holding the up arrow when ascending. Try it out.

Clavius_SA
2 Feb 2008, 16:34
Finally, an explanation, it was starting to get on my nerves. Thankyou.

God damn I hate this laptop, although it's quite interesting to try and rope using 2 buttons at a time now.

Run
2 Feb 2008, 18:40
God damn I hate this laptop, although it's quite interesting to try and rope using 2 buttons at a time now.

Yeah eventually you'll get used to it, i did when i switched another keyboard back when i still roped

bonz
2 Feb 2008, 19:16
Clavius, check out this thread:
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33321
Post what laptop model you have and help out other people who intend to buy it.
Also, you can check what keyboard will work without lock-ups.

BTW, when I had a cheap keyboard that didn't work, I learned to rope "free-handed", i.e. not pressing cursor keys and the space bar at the same time.
It effectively hindered me to perform advanced rope tricks or rope race, but I could play standard shopper games and use the rope in most schemes.

Clavius_SA
3 Feb 2008, 05:50
It's not a huge deal, I just wanted to play worms when I go away for a couple of weeks soon.