PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas

darkevil
31 Jan 2008, 15:42
Hi
Since I play wa nearly every day for quite a while now, I noticed some things that could be better/added.

When you are invisible, the screen of opponent players will center to your worm, when you are moving
=> You aren't very invisible ^^

Make 'Rope knocking' a feature that is available in the scheme's settings.
that would allow to play with it, in a non-inet/non-lan game.

another helpful feature would be, if you could switch your direction while hanging on the rope (maybe by pressing a key).
So you don't have to set your worm down and rope again in the other direction.

Hmm I had another one, but I forgot it -.-
Maybe I will add it later ^^

Please give me feedback whether these ideas are good/doable or not.

darkEvil

Muzer
31 Jan 2008, 17:11
When you are invisible, the screen of opponent players will center to your worm, when you are moving
Just move your mouse slowly in the opposite direction.

Make 'Rope knocking' a feature that is available in the scheme's settings.
that would allow to play with it, in a non-inet/non-lan game.
It is! Go into your WA\Tweaks folder (IIRC) and double click OfflineRopeKnocking_On.reg

another helpful feature would be, if you could switch your direction while hanging on the rope (maybe by pressing a key).
So you don't have to set your worm down and rope again in the other direction.
It has been discussed to death, and as some people think it is part of the strategy having to plan the direction you face, is not planned (IIRC)

ThMystrus
31 Jan 2008, 17:51

I don't like the idea. :(

bonz
1 Feb 2008, 09:51
I don't like the idea. :(
I think it's not his idea, but mentioning a fact.

Anyway, the camera has to move somewhere when an invisible worm/team is playing.
The invisible worm might cause some action that the camera has to capture.

As Muzer mentioned, you can move your mouse.
Also, you could move your worm near the borders of the map, where the camera doesn't follow any further.
Your Worm then isn't at the center of the opponents screen anymore.

Dario
1 Feb 2008, 11:43
1- LOL

2- if you use a grider moving it around the map when you are invisible you can make the other's screen move around, if you do it right it will be a lot harder to find your worm.

3-I agree with muzer on the fact that having to plan the direction your worm has to be facing at the end of the roping is a positive and not a negative feature.

franpa
1 Feb 2008, 12:18
Just move your mouse slowly in the opposite direction.?

Does that affect the camera position for your opponents while you are invisible and moving? I mean, is that how it currently works?

darkevil
4 Feb 2008, 16:24
Just move your mouse slowly in the opposite direction.

Does this really work?

It is! Go into your WA\Tweaks folder (IIRC) and double click OfflineRopeKnocking_On.reg
Thanks

It has been discussed to death, and as some people think it is part of the strategy having to plan the direction you face, is not planned (IIRC)
These people can turn this feature off, they donīt have to use it.

I think it's not his idea, but mentioning a fact.
@the "LOL-yeller": Of course itīs not the idea Oo
Just play some rounds with your friends in teamspeak and hear them saying "I seeeee youu ^^"

Run
4 Feb 2008, 17:31
Does this really work?

no; there's no way to prevent your oppenent following your invisible worm with the screen

He probably means something else but i have no idea what