PDA

View Full Version : WA caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

Jabem
29 Jan 2008, 22:08
Getting an error "WA caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module WA.exe at 001b:00409144." when trying to load the game. full error log should be uploaded. If anyone could help out id really appreciate it.

My aim name is JabemX or you can email JabemX@gmail.com

CyberShadow
30 Jan 2008, 14:15
What is your computer's video card/chipset?
Intel graphics chipsets' Vista drivers are incompatible with W:A.

Jabem
30 Jan 2008, 17:04
It's on my friends computer, but I think I remember that it was. think the updates to there drivers will have any impact on that? http://blogs.intel.com/technology/2007/08/gaming_on_integrated_graphics.php

Muzer
30 Jan 2008, 17:15
Does he run Vista?

And if they (Intel) release a driver update to make it DirectDraw compatible, that will solve all problems (probably)

hamz10
15 Feb 2008, 15:48
right click wa goto properties> compatibility
if you have winxp select windows 98/me trust me;)
if vista vista.
it should work

yakuza
15 Feb 2008, 16:22
I guess I should say that I have an Intel chipset and WA works under vista with it. You have to change the compatibility and remove desktop visual sets, but it works. It has flaws, you can't minimize unless you're in game or it will crash, but other than that, it works perfectly fine.

Butt
8 Apr 2008, 00:10
I was getting get the following message when trying to open WA after having the computer on for a while.

wa caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module wa.exe at 001b:004094c7.
Exception handler called in ExceptionAttacher.cpp - AfxWinMain

My solution was to restart the computer, and it would work. But the problem seems to be getting worse, the game just crashed with the same error while i was playing.

Operating system: Windows XP (5.1.2600).
2 processor(s), type 586.
53% memory in use.
960 MBytes physical memory.
447 MBytes physical memory free.
2313 MBytes paging file.
1910 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1956 MBytes user address space free.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 200

I have tried setting WA to run in windwos 98, I have updated drivers, disabled disk drives (suggested in another forun), unplugged USB cables, and turned off antivirus protection and any other program that may be running. I suspect my Graphics Card, but i'm no computer expert.

I"m at the end of my rope here, dont know what to do next.. if anyone could help that would be great.

franpa
8 Apr 2008, 13:40
you should NOT set W:A to run in windows 98 mode or any such emulated nonsense when using WinXP. disabling disk drives is a silly notion too.

Muzer
8 Apr 2008, 13:56
Is there an errorlog.txt file created? If so, compress + attach it for the devs. If not, have you got the latest update (3.6.28.0) from http://wa.team17.com (NOTE: This is the only update you need. You don't need the patch or anything stupid.)?

Mmmmmya
12 Apr 2008, 19:36
I am using an Imac and running Boot Camp. I used to play WWP a lot on my old PC and have missed it since moving to mac, and when I got a new intel mac I installed windows just for worms, but WWP didn't work.

So I actually bought the "Sold Out Software" version of WA because it was getting more support than WWP, but this program won't run either. I've uploaded my ERRORLOG.TXT to my web host... hopefully someone can take a look and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Here is my ERRORLOG.TXT (http://www.markbragg.com/ERRORLOG.TXT) file.

Muzer
13 Apr 2008, 11:16
Update your drivers for your graphics card. That helped someone else with a mac.

Butt
15 Apr 2008, 07:13
Hey thanks for the help, honestly it's my first time in a forum and i'm not sure if i'm doing everything right.

Ok, i checked my WA and yes I have the latest update ( 3.6.28.0). Here is my latest error text log.

not sure how to attach the file.. hope it worked!

Mmmmmya
15 Apr 2008, 15:15
Thanks Muzer.

And for those with the same problem, I thought I was up to date because I did all the Apple software updates from within windows, and also had windows search for the most recent video driver and it came back saying I had it. But then I went on the AMD website and they had a more recent driver, so I updated from:

Version 8.39 (June 17, 2007)

to

Version 8.43 (Jan 8, 2008)

And that fixed the problem.

Thanks again!

M.

CyberShadow
21 Apr 2008, 19:33
Hey thanks for the help, honestly it's my first time in a forum and i'm not sure if i'm doing everything right.

Ok, i checked my WA and yes I have the latest update ( 3.6.28.0). Here is my latest error text log.

not sure how to attach the file.. hope it worked!
1) Are your sound drivers installed?
2) Is your W:A CD in good shape? Check that you can read the file J:\data\streams\ingame-03-jungle
.wav
3) Try disabling ambient sound in the Options menu.

Butt
24 Apr 2008, 23:37
:confused:
Thanks CyberShadow, yes I can hear the .wav file you directed me to. The cd is in good shape, honestly it might not be the game but my computer.

I just re-installed the drivers for my ATI Radeon Xpress 200G video card after it failed PC Doctor for Windows tests. It now passes the tests, but now WA dosent even start.

I get Error Message "The instruction at "0x004068f0" referenced memory at "0xaf32849e". The memory could not be "read". "

So I dont know what to do now... :(
I need my worms fix, and i need it soon!
thanks for trying to help me:)

CyberShadow
25 Apr 2008, 01:36
The address specified in your error message indicates a fault in the code which is responsible for loading graphics data. Please try to reinstall the game and the 3.6.28.0 update.

Butt
30 Apr 2008, 07:33
Ok... I had my computer formatted and i installed windows XP professional instead of windows xp Media edition, which i had previously.
After installation I was able to run WA, I played it twice... and then all of a sudden after minimizing the game to close Ventrilo ( a chat program ).. WA crashed ( with no error, just disappeared ) and when i went to open the program it gave me this "fatal error"

anyone have any luck fixing this? any hints... formatting the computer didn't seem to work, so what will???
please help.

chickeness
4 Jul 2008, 13:29
What is your computer's video card/chipset?
Intel graphics chipsets' Vista drivers are incompatible with W:A.

What is the solution for this?

I am running Vista and Intel chip graphics

Muzer
4 Jul 2008, 17:48
1) Get XP
2) Emulate another operating system, if your PC is fast enough
3) Wait until Intel release decent drivers, or until the complete overhaul of WA, whichever comes first.

Slanzinger
26 Jul 2008, 20:30
Ok... I had my computer formatted and i installed windows XP professional instead of windows xp Media edition, which i had previously.
After installation I was able to run WA, I played it twice... and then all of a sudden after minimizing the game to close Ventrilo ( a chat program ).. WA crashed ( with no error, just disappeared ) and when i went to open the program it gave me this "fatal error"

anyone have any luck fixing this? any hints... formatting the computer didn't seem to work, so what will???
please help.

Do you get similar errors in anything else?
If so, you should probably check the integrity of the memory in your computer - apparently access violations or 0xc0000005 problems are sometimes to do with corrupt memory (I myself have had many blue screens of death, with 0xc0000005 as one of the parameters, before replacing the memory in this PC)

I'd suggest Memtest
http://www.memtest86.com/

CyberShadow
26 Jul 2008, 21:17
Do you get similar errors in anything else?
If so, you should probably check the integrity of the memory in your computer - apparently access violations or 0xc0000005 problems are sometimes to do with corrupt memory (I myself have had many blue screens of death, with 0xc0000005 as one of the parameters, before replacing the memory in this PC)

I'd suggest Memtest
http://www.memtest86.com/
Sorry, that's hardly relevant. 0xc0000005, the code for access violation, are much more likely to be faults of the software than hardware errors - unless such errors appear sporadically and in random applications.

CB4M
27 Jul 2008, 22:43

I am running Vista and Intel chip graphics

I have not played WA for almost a year now, since I had the new laptop running on Vista. So can anyone please give us Vista users a real resolution to this prob.

Or should I just forget about WA all together since nobody really cares to find a solution?

CB4M
28 Jul 2008, 05:44
1) Get XP
2) Emulate another operating system, if your PC is fast enough
3) Wait until Intel release decent drivers, or until the complete overhaul of WA, whichever comes first.
Sorry but your response is not solving the problem. Anyone have real good suggestions?

Melon
29 Jul 2008, 21:36
Vista isn't the problem, it's the Intel graphics chipset in your laptop that's the problem (actually, I assume this is the problem you're having, sorry if it's not. Is it the 965 Express chipset you have?).

The Vista drivers for that chipset aren't compatible with Direct Draw, that Worms uses. This is Intel's fault, and the only way this can be fixed for WA is to entirely revamp the graphics code, and basically it's not happening anytime soon, because it's a monstrous project.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't play Worms anymore either. Or Team Fortress 2, or Portal, or <insert game that's not Serious Sam here>. Laptops with Vista and an Intel chipset are terrible for gaming.

Muzer's response may not be helping you, but they're the only solution. Like it or not, you're stuck with it.

tark_
4 Jul 2009, 04:49
Hi, well, i'm here for the same problem...
the head of my errorlog.txt says:

WA caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module WA.exe at 001b:0040b183.

i'm running W.A. in XP, i have switched the .exe to compatibility mode for windows98/ME .... and my graphic card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M (512 MB)

why do i keep having the error when i try to make a muliplayer game??

greetings!

Muzer
4 Jul 2009, 18:13
Post the whole errorlog.txt as an attachment. CyberShadow will be able to analyse it, even if it looks like junk to everyone else.

tark_
4 Jul 2009, 22:21
Post the whole errorlog.txt as an attachment. CyberShadow will be able to analyse it, even if it looks like junk to everyone else.

Hi!
thanks for the speed answer, i'm getting anxious for not playing worms! XD

well, here is my errorlog file 32557

CyberShadow
5 Jul 2009, 08:11
Are your fonts set to a large DPI?

player99
24 Feb 2010, 20:43
Hi

I'm trying to run Worms Armageddon in 'XP mode'* in Windows 7.

*this is the news Windows 7 XP virtual machine.

Could CyberShadow kindly analyse the log for me?

SgtFusion
25 Feb 2010, 02:20
*SgtFusion is analysing ERRORLOG.TXT*
Analysis complete. Time taken: .56 seconds.

Your problem is this: You have a pirated copy of Worms: Armageddon.
Possible solution(s):
1. Buy the game.
2. Buy the game.

Note: This is a beta version of the SgtFusion errorlog analysis software. There may be a possibility of an off-by-one loop bug.

robowurmz
25 Feb 2010, 08:44
Robowurmz Diagnostic v0.7.2
Reading in File....... [ OK ]
Parsing Lines......... [ OK ]
Diagnosis............. [ OK ]

Problem: Arrrrr!

Please Refer to the Above Report (SgtFusion) for possible solutions.

yakuza
25 Feb 2010, 09:22
You know, we should all thank WA: New Edition because it probably does more against piracy than for it.

Explorer
25 Feb 2010, 13:21
Note: This is a beta version of the SgtFusion errorlog analysis software.

WAIT! Is this a real software? If yes, I would suggest SgtFusion to make a bot account for it.

(Such as: SgtErrBot)

Agent_Dope
26 May 2010, 20:05
I had an errolog.txt error i attached the file.

franpa
27 May 2010, 09:52
D:\Games\Worms Armageddon - New Edition\WA.exe, run by Anne.
You are a pirate, Agent Dope.

DesPicable
27 Nov 2010, 12:49
Hi guys :)
I kinda need help with this game ..
I got an Fatal Error Saying:
Worms Armageddon caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Worms Armageddon.exe at 001b:00409f0c.

How could i fix this?
my system info is:
Processor: Intel Celeron 801 GHZ
Memory: 248MB RAM
DirectX version is 9.0

NEEED HEELP :D

CakeDoer
28 Nov 2010, 00:33
You are a pirate, Agent Dope.

What?! No yar-har, fiddle dee-hee?!

SgtFusion
28 Nov 2010, 02:04
The post you are replying to is about 6 months old...
@DesPicable: Have you installed the latest Beta Update (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda)?

mannie
2 Apr 2012, 14:35
I am getting the error log
saying Access Violation (0xc0000005)
I really need help!!!!!!!!!!

CyberShadow
6 Apr 2012, 00:13
Make sure you have the latest Beta update.

Please don't bump old threads. Make a new thread, your problem is likely to be a completely different one (with only similar symptoms).