PDA

View Full Version : Water change

Shirdel
25 Jan 2008, 16:35
I went on WormNet this morning, and was stunned to find out a special command that made the water change. (the command is /h2s04) And from there, I would like to ask 3 Questions: 1. Can you make this water change perminant? 2. If the change cannot be perminant, can I make it work offline? 3. Are there other speical commands like this? Ta, Shirdel.

pisto
25 Jan 2008, 17:56
this thread will be deleted, if the last one about h2so4 wasnt deleted for other reasons.

anyway:
1) no (check out wormkit and wkfileoverride anyway). if you want to stop the color change type /h2o
2) not officially.
3) some, not interesting.

Muzer
25 Jan 2008, 18:30
I didn't notice the other thread! Can it only be done by the host, or anyone? What exactly does happen? Does it just rise for a turn?

Nando
25 Jan 2008, 19:54
It changes colour continually, and you don't need to be the host in order to do this - since it affects only your output anyways.

Muzer
25 Jan 2008, 19:56
Oh, very interesting!

Intrestingly for anyone who doesn't know, H2SO4 is the formula for sulphuric acid.

And I would like a complete list, because I'm that sort of guy, even if it doesn't do much.

[UFP]Ghost
25 Jan 2008, 21:18
Oh, very interesting!

Intrestingly for anyone who doesn't know, H2SO4 is the formula for sulphuric acid.

The last thread was deleted i think before i asked or before i saw the answer, what does sulphuric acid have to do with water changing color? Or is there no reason for that specific name?

Plasma
25 Jan 2008, 21:42
2. If the change cannot be perminant, can I make it work offline?
Yes, there was a program that allowed you to change the colour of the sea to your liking, permanently. It was quite good too.
Use the search function on the toolbar at the top of the page to try and find it.

knkn
26 Jan 2008, 00:59
Yes, there was a program that allowed you to change the colour of the sea to your liking, permanently. It was quite good too.
Use the search function on the toolbar at the top of the page to try and find it.

Which is what I use - CyberShadow's module w/ Wormkit - Water Color Changer Editorerer[something of that sort] yet it lacks the feature of merging multiple water.dir 's and adding the rainbow fade effect, like h2so4 does. Before this is closed for unknown reasons, I mean seriously if it's leaked to me, then everyone knows of it, I'd like to know three things:

Can the colors involved be changed? [try editing your water.dir and enabling it..]
Possible offline [doesn't even work with 1person host/lan; 2ppl or more to chat]
How are chemicals listed? I always thought it was based on atomic number like: H[1]2 O[8] | C[6] O[8]2 ; so why does sulfur come inbetween hydrogen and oxygen?

franpa
26 Jan 2008, 04:39
/h2so4 = water hue cycling.
/h2o = water hue is locked to what it currently is until you type /h2so4 again.

cybershadow deleted my last post on this ages ago so i never posted it again till now :P

EDIT: fixed up some humorous typo's and reworded it a bit.

robowurmz
26 Jan 2008, 09:14
I wonder if there are any more secret (debugging?) commands like this one?

raffie
26 Jan 2008, 11:38
It changes colour continually, and you don't need to be the host in order to do this - since it affects only your output anyways.

Thats the main reason they're not very interisting IMO, these things really should affect all players' output in the game.
--> not complaining though, all those little easter eggs are funny to discover!

pisto
26 Jan 2008, 12:10
/ex [playername] ignores a player in the chat (/ex with no name ignores all)
/inc [playername] re-enables the blacklisted player (/inc re-enables all)
/w in pre-game chat, is a fake private message (same graphic form, but sent to anyone), maybe the same during game.

bonz
29 Jan 2008, 11:16
The reason behind this code's name:
H2SO4 is sulphuric acid.
"Acid" is also a slang term for lysergic acid diethylamide, known as LSD.
The latter may cause changing colors too. :rolleyes:

KRD
29 Jan 2008, 18:14
The latter may cause changing colors too. :rolleyes:

"Effects may vary dramatically from one person to another or one experience to another based on a variety of factors such as body chemistry, age, gender, physical health, dose, form of material, etc."

Run
29 Jan 2008, 21:22
erowid quote detected

Shirdel
31 Jan 2008, 13:54
/ex [playername] ignores a player in the chat (/ex with no name ignores all)
/inc [playername] re-enables the blacklisted player (/inc re-enables all)
/w in pre-game chat, is a fake private message (same graphic form, but sent to anyone), maybe the same during game.
So is this the complete list inculding /h2so4 and /h2o or are there other, hidden ones that Spadge, CyberShadow, or Deadcode are too embarassed to reveal... Until now? (please don't ban me Martyn, Please)

Melon
31 Jan 2008, 14:28
I doubt Spadge has anything to do with it.
I'm sure there's a reason why these features are hidden, or at least remain undocumented, and I doubt embarassment is the reason.

pisto
31 Jan 2008, 14:51
So is this the complete list inculding /h2so4 and /h2o or are there other, hidden ones that Spadge, CyberShadow, or Deadcode are too embarassed to reveal... Until now? (please don't ban me Martyn, Please)

I dont guarantee (I'm just a beginner in disassemblying programs), but that list is likely to be complete.

bonz
1 Feb 2008, 09:43
/pɨss turns the water into fresh, sparkling urine.
/crap turns some of the background features into piles of poop.
/lieslieslies returns a funny screen message about how some of those codes don't work.

franpa
1 Feb 2008, 09:47
He lies! they don't work at all -.-

SilPho
2 Feb 2008, 18:03
Really? I would never have guessed