PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly Invisible Wall

SilPho
24 Jan 2008, 20:10
http://www.rounddonut.co.uk/Stuff/Invisible_Wall_11.40.WAgame

Feel free to laugh at my abysmal roping if you want, but the point is that just after 11:40 on the replay I launch my worm to the right, but he seems to hit something in mid air, the thing is there's nothing there...

Oh and by the way, I know that's not how you're supposed to complete that map, I was just messing around.

yakuza
24 Jan 2008, 20:24
You've hit a pixel. The pixel must be some sort of black that's not recognized as background and so it's either too hard to see or you can't see it at all.

robowurmz
24 Jan 2008, 21:10
There's really only one reply to this; Blame The Pixel.

Melon
24 Jan 2008, 22:05
Look really really closely.

bloopy
24 Jan 2008, 23:31
Look really really closely.

And wipe the dust off your screen first. :p

SgtFusion
25 Jan 2008, 03:26
I've had that problem before. It was a stray pixel that I left without noticing it in a map I made, and I found out when a worm bounced off it.

Plasma
26 Jan 2008, 00:10
I've had that problem before. It was a stray pixel that I left without noticing it in a map I made, and I found out when a worm bounced off it.
I think it's pretty much happened to everyone whose played a 2D worms game.

I remember I was once saved by landing on a stray pixel just above the water in Worms1. Not that it helped much, because I fell straight in as soon as I turned around.

SilPho
27 Jan 2008, 12:13
I could have sworn I checked again and again for stray pixels... ah well. Sorry to waste your time.

bonz
29 Jan 2008, 11:22
I could have sworn I checked again and again for stray pixels... ah well. Sorry to waste your time.
Use the paint bucket tool and fill everything that is supposed to black/transparent with magenta.
Or another bright color that gives you good contrast to the other colors you use.