PDA

View Full Version : Hosting games with 'Crate Spy' in W:A

Rubin_x
21 Jan 2008, 10:12
Hi.

When I host games (shoppa, wxw, ...) in WWP, I turn 'Crate Spy' on, by set last 'option box':

http://cinus.org/wwp_crate_spy.jpg

http://cinus.org/wwp_crate_spy_2.jpg

Is there any way (normal option / trick / patch / hack / ...) to turn on 'Crate Spy' in WA?

franpa
21 Jan 2008, 12:20
Nope, it isn't saved in the scheme file thus can't be adjusted via a scheme (you can of course turn it off by disabling Super Weapons tho). just get it in a crate randomly by chance.

I assume that is why scheme eddy does not allow editing it since in wwp you can enable it rather easily.

Melon
21 Jan 2008, 16:46
I would imagine such a feature cxould be enabled by memory hacking, but this isn't easy and would probably end up as a form of cheating due to the fact that I imagine it would be client side only. Each player would have to enable it, and it'd probably cause a desynch anyway (not sure about that though)
Nope, it isn't saved in the scheme file thus can't be adjusted via a scheme (you can of course turn it off by disabling Super Weapons tho). just get it in a crate randomly by chance.

I assume that is why scheme eddy does not allow editing it since in wwp you can enable it rather easily.
What in the world are you chatting about? Crate Spy isn't a super wepon! As long as utility crates fall, you have a one in eleven chance of it appearing in a utility crate (higher if you have infinite ammo of other utilities) and even then it would only affect the player who collects it.

Also, Scheme Eddy won't let you edit it because it's not an option saved in scheme files. You answered your own question.

Muzer
21 Jan 2008, 18:29
Couldn't you set some ammo for it like you can with double damage? I'm sure I remember doing that, although it may have been WWP.

SgtFusion
21 Jan 2008, 18:45
That might work. I remember making all-game double damage with The Fiddler.
EDIT: It would definitely work (if you could use SchemeEddy to give ammo of it). Since Crate Spy is an instant effect utility, giving ammo of it would make it automatically be used at the start of each team's first turn, and you wouldn't need to give more than one ammo of it since the effect lasts for the whole game.

Melon
21 Jan 2008, 18:48
Couldn't you set some ammo for it like you can with double damage? I'm sure I remember doing that, although it may have been WWP.

You can set double damage ammo, but not crate spy ammo. It's not in the scheme options.

SgtFusion
21 Jan 2008, 18:58
I just checked, and SchemeEddy can't set ammo for Crate Spy or Double Damage :(. I guess we'll have to wait until Fiddler Scheme compatibility is implemented or the fusion of WA and WWP.

yakuza
21 Jan 2008, 19:26
pisto was able to add infinite double damage ammo to the teams by memory editing I think, however they were all used in turn one and so only lasted for the first turn. This shouldn't be a problem with crate spy since one use provides it to be active for the whole game.

Melon
21 Jan 2008, 19:35
I just checked, and SchemeEddy can't set ammo for Crate Spy or Double Damage :(. I guess we'll have to wait until Fiddler Scheme compatibility is implemented or the fusion of WA and WWP.

SchemeEddy can't. SchemeEddy 2, however, can set double damage ammo, or the number of turns double damage lasts. But as yakuza said, it uses up all of the ammo in one turn in WA.

SgtFusion
21 Jan 2008, 19:45
Okay, I just noticed that. But it still can't set Crate Spy ammo.