PDA

View Full Version : Strange hosting problem

X-Ray99
19 Jan 2008, 14:31
Hello!

I read other topics before I decided to post, I could not find any answers for this...
I play behind a router, I can join other's hosts. It's alright.
But when I try to host, something strange happens. Port 17011 is open, in WA, Force IP is turn off. People are able to join my host, but then, they can not put in team and what is stranger then that, I can not read what they write! They can read what I write but I can't what they write... I got known about this after we discussed in AG...

So please if you know any good solution, help me!
Thank you!
X-Ray99

EDIT: this does not happen with everybody, so there are people who I can host game properly.

Skeeter
22 Jan 2008, 11:45
use hosting buddy perhaps?

SgtFusion
24 Jan 2008, 21:24
No, HostingBuddy is even worse. It allows you to host games, but half the time it will cause the players to disconnect after about five minutes.

xSQDx stew
8 Feb 2008, 03:12
i ham haveing the same problem all my ports are open and my fire walls not blocking it have i been banned if i have how do i find out why:(

franpa
8 Feb 2008, 08:19
it tells you before you can chat to anyone that you have been banned. also no chat channels will be listed (#anythinggoes etc.)

xSQDx stew
10 Feb 2008, 08:27
it tells you before you can chat to anyone that you have been banned. also no chat channels will be listed (#anythinggoes etc.)

ok now why can't i host all my ports are open fire wall not blocking it

Rainman_
10 Feb 2008, 20:33
As I type this the server are lagging extremely and nobody can host or join games.
I dont know if anyone that has control of the servers reads this but of they do then maybe they should think about upgrading to a better server or have more servers.

zookman
10 Feb 2008, 21:36
As I type this the server are lagging extremely and nobody can host or join games.
I dont know if anyone that has control of the servers reads this but of they do then maybe they should think about upgrading to a better server or have more servers.

I don't know if this has it's own topic...
But totally agree;
during peak times and especially with tournament nights the lag is unbelievable.
This needs to be brought to attention.
Coz right now, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy the game because of it.
I'd even buy a second copy to see the server performance increased.

CyberShadow
11 Feb 2008, 00:33
I'm inclined to associate the high server loads with ProSnooper's recent rise in popularity.
We'll try to work something out with Simon.

zookman
11 Feb 2008, 17:36
I'm inclined to associate the high server loads with ProSnooper's recent rise in popularity.
We'll try to work something out with Simon.

I was hoping for an answer more along the lines of;

We'll put the case forward to the server admins, and see if it's time to upgrade the server specs.

But maybe that's completely unrealistic, because Team17 no longer support the W:A community - I don't know.
Which brings me to the question;
Are you, CyberShadow, and Deadcode employed by Team17?
Or do Team17 have no budget to maintain W:A whatsoever?

Perhaps the extra server load is due to the evil work of Simon (just kidding).
Although I don't use it myself, I can see why ProSnooper is such a popular program. But is there anything that can be done now, to limit the server resources used by ProSnooper?

I hope so.

CyberShadow
12 Feb 2008, 05:06
We'll put the case forward to the server admins, and see if it's time to upgrade the server specs.Well, this slowdown didn't appear out of thin air, there must have been a cause for it. I think it's worth investigating before taking any radical decisions such as attempting to move a fragile system like WormNET.Are you, CyberShadow, and Deadcode employed by Team17?We are not being employed in the direct sense of that word; more like "recruited". In either case, the salaries for two programmers maintaining the source code, full or part-time, will probably not be justified by the income from today's W:A sales.But is there anything that can be done now, to limit the server resources used by ProSnooper?Yes, there are several options. I've asked the Team17 server administrator to inspect the exact cause of the slowdown, we shall see from there.

raffie
12 Feb 2008, 09:05
Happy to know that something is at least being attempted to solve this. It's gone from bad to worst lately.

X-Ray99
20 Feb 2008, 16:43
well, we got far away from the original subject, althought WNs slowdown is important thread too ^^
but can anyone answer my original question?