PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon error, plz help

Dantheman8
16 Jan 2008, 13:31
When i load up worms armageddon on windows xp, i go to single player, missions, click my team, then start. When it loads up it places all the worms into the very top-left corner of the map which i played before, then the worms fall into the sea and it returns to the mission screen and:

( ! ) Armageddon

ERROR: Could Not open/create team File.

And then it says: Congratulations, you achieved a gold medal in this mission. Then i exit the game using exit in the main-menu, then when my desktop appears it says "blah blah blah encountered a problem and needs to close" and you have the usual "Don't Send" and "Send" buttons below. This only seems to happen when i try and play a mission.

The disc does have a lot of faint scratches on it. :-/

franpa
16 Jan 2008, 14:05
where did you buy your game from and what publisher provided it?

yakuza
16 Jan 2008, 14:10
Mission errors of this nature mostly happen in warez downloads of the game.

Dantheman8
16 Jan 2008, 17:33
where did you buy your game from and what publisher provided it?

I bought this game from eBay a couple of years ago, it's a Sold out Software version. :confused:

CyberShadow
16 Jan 2008, 20:46
Assuming that you tried reinstalling the game, do the following:

Please run the command
cmd /C dir /S W:\ > C:\filelist.txt
substituting W with the drive letter of the drive you have the W:A CD in. Then, compress and upload the file filelist.txt from your C:\ drive.

Also, please post the contents of W:\Data\Resource\version.txt, if such a file is present on your CD.

Dantheman8
17 Jan 2008, 18:19
I tried uploading the compressed zipfile onto the D: drive with WA in, but it won't let me put it onto the CD. Instead it places it in the "Files Ready To Be Written To The CD" place, does anyone know how to upload the folder onto the CD? :(

I also have the version.txt file present on my CD.

Muzer
17 Jan 2008, 20:21
Nonono, upload it to this forum (use the manage attachments button)

And post the contents of version.txt

Dantheman8
18 Jan 2008, 15:44
Ok...

CyberShadow
18 Jan 2008, 16:04
I've never seen such an edition before.

Are the files D:\Data\Mission\Mission0.wam and D:\Data\Mission\mission22.img readable?

Also, what does the "sonow" folder on your CD contain?