PDA

View Full Version : WA fatal error=> ERRORLOG

Sang0glenE
13 Jan 2008, 20:27
Hi, here is my first post on this forum :)

Well, one of my friends can't create ANY kind of WA game (offline/online)

-He have the latest update (3.6.28.0), latest drivers for his graphic card (Ati X800), and his os is Windows Xp SP2, he disabled all kind of firewalls/antivirus.

Well i can say we tried to do oour best to resolve the problem, but any result xD

The only thing i can't interpret is the errorlog file, so that's why i'm asking for help =)

I hope someone can help me :)

+

CyberShadow
14 Jan 2008, 08:51
Did your friend try to reinstall the game?
What kind of CD (publisher?) is your friend using?

Sang0glenE
14 Jan 2008, 11:45
In fact i have the original CD (black and yellow Cd with nuclear symbol on it), then i made a copy of the CD a gave it to him.

But the installation was hard (error message with the word "bits" mentionned, i didn' remeber ), and he used the famous unofficial installer (unwain.exe), and that didn't worked too. The unwain.exe has only extracted the "update" in the folder, and not the installer of the game (don't know why).

So i decided to made a .rar of my own game folder, wich works perfectly, and send it to him, and then he was allowed to run the game with his CD, but now he can't create or join any game offline or online.

He tried to use the "SlowFrontendWorkaround_On" but that's the same problem.

Well maybe you have already seen this kind of errorlog file in an other post, and i hope you could find a solution :D

Thanks for your answer :)

ps: sorry for my english

bonz
14 Jan 2008, 13:09
Well, try using the original WA CD to install & run the game, rather than the copied one.

It'll be illegal to use a copy anyway if you don't own the original.
Tell your friend to buy the game! It's really cheap these days.
For example here (https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=selection&productid=24&platform=PC/MAC).

Sang0glenE
14 Jan 2008, 18:26
Well, i told about a "friend" who is in fact a member of my family (didn't know it was so important for you bonz :D ), so i do not know perfectly the law about privacy circle, but i think it's not illegal to make a copy of a CD if it's using in private circle.

I know you're right bonz, but i'm not going to buy an other CD for a family member if i have the original one (more over, i bought a PC magazine wich included WA, and few years later, i bought the Worms Battlepack with W2,WA,WWP, i thought it was a new Worms Game, but i got owned because it's quite de same game :D )

Well, i don't know if you would help me again, but can someone put me on the road, of what i have to do to solve the problem ?

Cordially. :)

ps: i watched som other error logfiles, and sometimes this is not the same "exception"

For my brother, it's :

"Exception handler called in ExceptionAttacher.cpp - AfxWinMain." => don't know whats'this.

Write to location 01c51000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x01c51000 ESI: 0x0070393f EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x004cc800 ECX: 0xfffff8ff EDX: 0x0012a5d8
EIP: 0x005e329a EBP: 0x0012a268 SegCs: 0x0000001b
EFlags: 0x00010246 ESP: 0x0012a238 SegSs: 0x00000023

So maybe the problem is about EDI, but i don't know what's this too.

By the way, sorry again for my english :confused:

Muzer
14 Jan 2008, 19:01
You mean in the same household? If so, then I assume it's OK.

(we're really picky about piracy here. We don't see why people can be so cheap not to shell out £5.99 for a brilliant game)

CyberShadow
14 Jan 2008, 22:21
The address can vary.

Try reinstalling from the original CD.

bonz
15 Jan 2008, 09:04
Use Clone CD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html) to create an image of the original CD.
Then use Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php) to mount it on the other PC.

franpa
15 Jan 2008, 09:06
CloneCD isn't free. go get Alcohol52% (free edition) which does both things in the one package.

Sang0glenE
15 Jan 2008, 11:44
Ok, i'm going to tell him to do that, maybe i will post tonight about the result if he did ;) .

bonz
15 Jan 2008, 16:17
CloneCD isn't free. go get Alcohol52% (free edition) which does both things in the one package.
Alcohol 52% is a emulation software only.
The "free version" comes with a useless search toolbar (adware) and the other is a 31-day trial version.
To create a CD image, you'd need the Alcohol 120%, which is only available as a trial version.

So, my suggestion of using the combination of Clone CD (21-day trial) and Daemon Tools (free, no malware) is the best. That's the way I created my WA CD image and it works flawlessly.
Note, don't bother installing/using Clone CD's emulation tool, as Daemon Tools is much better.

BTW, you can actually use any CD burning software to create an image.
Daemon Tools supports them all.

Damn, why are those franpa-alerts down? Has anyone a backup/mirror?

CyberShadow
15 Jan 2008, 18:58
The newer versions of Daemon Tools come with an optional adware toolbar bundled in the installer, just like Alcohol 52%. Alcohol 52% can create CD images. It doesn't really matter much because their CD emulation is on the same back-end (SPTD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Pass_Through_Direct)).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_120%25#Alcohol_52.25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_Tools

Daemon Tools was always in the lead when it comes to emulation, though.

Sang0glenE
15 Jan 2008, 20:27
So he need to Dl daemon tools for example, this is the only one i have heard.
With the original CD he must make a mounted image of the CD and try again the installation, is that right ?

franpa
15 Jan 2008, 22:43
yep.

Make a cd image of the disc on his pc.

Create 1 or more virtual cd drives on his pc with Deamon Tools.

Mount the cd image on that virtual drive.

install or play the game :P

bonz
16 Jan 2008, 16:25
Note:
If you also intend to run an image of the Worms 2 CD on that virtual drive, you need to switch its drive letter to the lowest one of all other physical and virtual CD drives.
E.g. D:\ is lower than E:\ .