PDA

View Full Version : Bigger armageddon

Evil Bunny
12 Jan 2008, 11:09
I was playing around with my Commet dodge scheme yesterday, trying to come up with an improved map. And what I noticed was that when you take a bigger terain the number of commets doesn't really change. Which isn't what you would want for a CD match. So my question is would it be possible to increase the duration and amount of commets that come down? Preferably in a way that you can set the avarage amount of commets coming down for a set size of the map so regardless of how big the map is the arma will feel the same.

If there's any moderators out here, could you allow for 200k .wagame files because those are often bigger then 100k

CyberShadow
12 Jan 2008, 12:56
If there's any moderators out here, could you allow for 200k .wagame files because those are often bigger then 100kYeah! And for .txt files too while they're at it (because I have to tell people to compress crash logs, and some never heard of .zip files).

Also, it can only be done by the webmaster, not moderators.

Regarding the matter of your post: maybe, if that wouldn't break the object limit.

(also, what's a commet? and shouldn't those be called meteors or meteorites anyway?)

Plasma
12 Jan 2008, 13:23
Regarding the matter of your post: maybe, if that wouldn't break the object limit.
What about if you increase the explosion size of the comets proportional to map size?

bonz
12 Jan 2008, 14:28
I think there are a bunch of maps that need to be adapted to the new map sizes to be useful.
An automatic adaption proportional to the map size would be best I guess.

This could actually be combined with the implementation of the Fiddler schemes, where it could be a standard "automatic" option.
If you choose something different than automatic, you'll override the setting and can use the old, decreased setting on big maps too.

pisto
12 Jan 2008, 17:11
object limit
what is it now?

Chip
12 Jan 2008, 21:24
If the object limit is effecting this, why not make it so only a certain number of meteors are allowed in the field at one time so the others are like - lined up awaiting to enter play.

....or just GREATLY increase their size and explosion radius so each meteor is like a big nasty rock that chomps out a huge amount of terrain?

Plasma
12 Jan 2008, 23:39
If the object limit is effecting this, why not make it so only a certain number of meteors are allowed in the field at one time so the others are like - lined up awaiting to enter play.
Because then Armageddon would take ages!

pokeman
15 Jan 2008, 13:41
I am probably missing something but could not simply make the weapon power adjust the number of meteors?

Plasma
15 Jan 2008, 17:49
I am probably missing something but could not simply make the weapon power adjust the number of meteors?
No. The game only allows for a certain number of objects to exist at the same time, as far as I can tell from what CyberShadow said.

franpa
15 Jan 2008, 22:40
well, we can have 255 mines/barrals... why not a increase in the other stuff when we use a small amount of mines/barrals?

Evil Bunny
18 Jan 2008, 12:45
That's a good point then. When I used to make missions for WWP back in the days, i came across this limit in that mines would start to disapear if there were too many objects in the game. They would just blink out basicly. But most games don't get anywhere near the object limit so if it's kept under consideration i don't see a problem to increase the arma

And yes I know commets are made of ice and meteors are rock(ish). But I took the name from a worms olympics game from 2006 which called it that.

Muzer
18 Jan 2008, 17:11
Oh yeah, I remember that, dropping tons of mines made old ones disappear. Doing that in WOW with cheats to get it infinite crashes the game.

hamz10
15 Feb 2008, 15:33
how did you make the terrain colours

SgtFusion
16 Feb 2008, 00:13
Next time you should ask this in a thread that isn't nearly a month old.