PDA

View Full Version : soundbank list from cdrom

eddy2000
3 Jan 2008, 15:17
hello

what is the file with name "list" inside the cdrom at this position: data/user/speech/ ?.

if i add a soundbank directory inside my file cd game .iso
i must edit too the file " list " ?

i want make that becouse when i watch the replay i can hear the right soundbank voice.

bonz
3 Jan 2008, 19:28
Open up the file with notepad and see for yourself.
It seems to be a directory listing from the original computer's drive where the master copy of WA was created. At least the path name and the dates let me assume that.

I have no idea how this file is used.
But why do you want to put custom speechbanks into that folder on your CD/CD image anyway?
You can simply put them into the ..\User\Speech in your installation folder.

eddy2000
3 Jan 2008, 23:31
But why do you want to put custom speechbanks into that folder on your CD/CD image anyway?
You can simply put them into the ..\User\Speech in your installation folder.
i use this method for hear the personal soundbank during a replay ..but the problem is to have two soundbank directory in the team editor...
my solution is have two worms armageddon cd image .iso and add the personal soundbank in one image.iso and then will use that only to watch the replay and too make video...
cya...
again sorry for english

SilPho
13 Jan 2008, 18:07
I'm surprised I've never noticed the problem that you're referring to. But I see what you mean.

I'm guessing that when you make the ISO you probably don't need to change that file. In fact I'm guessing that file is probably pointless.

By the way: You don't need both ISOs, nobody will be angry at you for adding soundbanks to an ISO file. Just as long as the game you're making it from is legal. :)

bonz
14 Jan 2008, 14:12
i use this method for hear the personal soundbank during a replay ..but the problem is to have two soundbank directory in the team editor...
my solution is have two worms armageddon cd image .iso and add the personal soundbank in one image.iso and then will use that only to watch the replay and too make video...
cya...
again sorry for english
You mean the game doesn't use custom speechbanks during replays?
I suppose that the game uses the default speechbank (the one defined by your location setting) instead.
I too never noticed that, since I rarely used custom speechbanks.

I think that this would actually be an issue worth fixing in one of the betas.
There was once a similar issue with speechbanks, where in a hotseat game the speechbank of all but one team used the default team. This was fixed by the betas for WA, but is still existent in WWP.

eddy2000
16 Jan 2008, 17:45
You mean the game doesn't use custom speechbanks during replays?
I suppose that the game uses the default speechbank (the one defined by your location setting) instead.
I too never noticed that, since I rarely used custom speechbanks.

I think that this would actually be an issue worth fixing in one of the betas.
There was once a similar issue with speechbanks, where in a hotseat game the speechbank of all but one team used the default team. This was fixed by the betas for WA, but is still existent in WWP.

ok .... my idea is to have two wa iso image and one wa-iso image i add the custom soundbank and so after when i replay the game my custom soundbank work good
when i play on line in wormnet i use the iso image without the custom soundbank ....so all work right...otherwise the game make problem of double soundbank in editor and other persons(my friends with the same custom soundbank)not hear the right voice but hear the default voice..
cya

bonz
16 Jan 2008, 21:33
ok .... my idea is to have two wa iso image and one wa-iso image i add the custom soundbank and so after when i replay the game my custom soundbank work good
when i play on line in wormnet i use the iso image without the custom soundbank ....so all work right...otherwise the game make problem of double soundbank in editor and other persons(my friends with the same custom soundbank)not hear the right voice but hear the default voice..
cya
Ok, so it seems the game suddenly doesn't look for the custom speechbank in ..\user\speech on the HDD anymore during a replay, but instead looks on the CD, where all standard speechbanks are.
I suppose this should be a rather quick fix.

SilPho
23 Jan 2008, 20:06
This is assuming that custom speech banks are saved in the replay file in the first place.

Edit: And by that I mean the name of the bank to search for, not the audio files obviously