PDA

View Full Version : If there ever is a new update, what do you want included?

Shadowmoon
2 Jan 2008, 12:44
If there is a new update, what do you want included? i guess there will be one. I don't have anything to say on what i want included, so i am asking YOU guys.

robowurmz
2 Jan 2008, 13:22
There will be a new update. They're always working on it, so there's no ifs or buts.

Well, Fiddler Scheme usage/compatibility would be one on my list, it would let us make co-op missions if we choose the right map and use the event system in the fiddler to make them.

Plasma
2 Jan 2008, 15:06
Wasn't there already a thread made about this very same thing?

bonz
2 Jan 2008, 15:24
Yes, there's a wishlist thread somewhere, made by Run, IIRC.
Besides, the beta developers and the other people from their sphere are well aware of virtually all suggestions that have been made so far, an will dismiss anything stupid anyway.

Anyway, recently I played some games with DC and WA crashed on me and I said to him that it's seriously about time to implement the replay game resuming feature and he agreed.
I think that would really help.

Other than that the obvious of course:

Laser
SOAR
all missing WWP features
Fiddler scheme support

:rolleyes:

robowurmz
7 Jan 2008, 18:16
I think ICBM missiles should be made. Really.

Also, Ground to Air missile types, for fun, like LOBL and LOAL.(Which is of course, lock on before launch, and lock on after launch.)

knkn
8 Jan 2008, 00:38
Also, Ground to Air missile types, for fun, like LOBL and LOAL.(Which is of course, lock on before launch, and lock on after launch.)[/QUOTE]

What's the difference between before launch and after launch? And is patsy's magic bullet/homing pigeon/[insert blue missile here] not good enough? :D

franpa
8 Jan 2008, 02:38
if it LOBL then it would home immediatly upon launch where as LOAL it would start homing after being fired a certain distance.

LOAL would be better for getting over mountains and stuff just like homing missile in W:A :) LOBL would be just like Patsy's Magic Bullet but instead with the AI of a homing missile.

froggart
8 Jan 2008, 10:31
Vista compatability.

robowurmz
8 Jan 2008, 11:32
Of course. That'll happen once it becomes 32-bit. Then of course, you've got the ability for sprite editing with less chance of stupid palette mistakes.

franpa
8 Jan 2008, 12:08
the game already is 32bit, only the installer on a particular branded cd was 16bit.

#ffc700
8 Jan 2008, 16:32
I'd like to go BACKWARDS when watching replays ...

robowurmz
8 Jan 2008, 16:35
That's a new suggestion, I think. Great idea!

Maybe replay cropping/editing could be handy. And then maybe we could do awesome-looking tool-assisted ones, legal as long as they are labelled T-A. Maybe have a special Tool-Assisted tourney. Frame by frame gameplay, that's a good un.

Muzer
8 Jan 2008, 17:46
Bit like on tasvideos.org only multiplayer?

Melon
8 Jan 2008, 17:52
That's a new suggestion, I think. Great idea!

Maybe replay cropping/editing could be handy. And then maybe we could do awesome-looking tool-assisted ones, legal as long as they are labelled T-A. Maybe have a special Tool-Assisted tourney. Frame by frame gameplay, that's a good un.
Hmmm... why bother with this when there's a tool-assisted version of WA that let's you play frame be frame.

Of course, only a very tiny handful of people (not me) have access to it, and it's used to create reward replays on www.thechallengebase.com

I would imagine that eventually a similar sort of version might be released to the public once some necessary changes will have been made to it, but that's for Deadcode to decide. This statement does not guarantee a tool of this sort willl ever be released.

robowurmz
8 Jan 2008, 18:05
Bit like on tasvideos.org only multiplayer?

Yeah, exactly what I thought!

CyberShadow
8 Jan 2008, 18:13
I'd like to go BACKWARDS when watching replays ...
Actually Deadcode has been thinking about how to do this for quite a while now.
It's not easy.

Rainman_
8 Jan 2008, 20:17
How about getting those ranks back online?

pisto
8 Jan 2008, 20:40
Actually Deadcode has been thinking about how to do this for quite a while now.
It's not easy.

why not taking a "snapshot" of all the game state every x seconds (or even every x fractions of seconds)?

yakuza
8 Jan 2008, 21:17
I assume that if video control (backwards rewind and whatever else) is to be added to the replays that would greatly increase their size, unless of course, something extremely clever is done.

franpa
8 Jan 2008, 23:05
why not taking a "snapshot" of all the game state every x seconds (or even every x fractions of seconds)?

wouldn't that make it just as slow as Fraps?

DaKing
9 Jan 2008, 04:33
Support for full colour maps and transparency of sections in the maps so we could make real cave maps! That'll be nice. A replay 'play-bar' (the thing that shows how far you're at the song/video) would be awesome too since we're on the subject.

bonz
10 Jan 2008, 20:09
Support for full colour maps and transparency of sections in the maps so we could make real cave maps!
What do you mean by that?
You can already create cave type maps with terrain on all 4 edges of the screen.
Even the map generator has that as a standard option.
A replay 'play-bar' (the thing that shows how far you're at the song/video) would be awesome too since we're on the subject.
Nice idea.
Although, unless the problem with rewinding a replay is solved, it is not quite useful.
A simple counter would suffice.

Plasma
10 Jan 2008, 20:27
What do you mean by that?
You can already create cave type maps with terrain on all 4 edges of the screen.
Even the map generator has that as a standard option.
I think he means being able to give a custom-shaped backround to your maps. Which would be nice for several themed maps.

yakuza
10 Jan 2008, 21:51
He means having Z and X as walls inside caves, having walls infront of the worms which are transparent so you can actually see inside, I think.

Matso
11 Jan 2008, 17:34
- More colors in maps. Why theres still only 256 colors when we would have 32 bit colors!?

- Vista compatibility with Intel graphic cards.

- More scheme editing possibilities. Even some kind of events or objects in map would be nice. Like you could put mines and oil barrels and starting positions of worms to map, now them are all randomly positioned. I mean tese settings would be included in map file. That would be nice for example in roper races or other games where everyone start from "start".

Also some event system would be very nice. For example when some worm come to some point or area in map, something happens, or when someone kill someone, something happen. This would allow much more fun and interesting things in maps. It would even make breaking rules impossible, if there would be possibility to code rules in map. For example if someone attack to the last team in game where is ABL rule, then game gives automatically punishment to him :P

Muzer
11 Jan 2008, 17:54
- More colors in maps. Why theres still only 256 colors when we would have 32 bit colors!?
Planned. This can only happen when WA does come tru colour rather than paletted which will take a bit of work.

- Vista compatibility with Intel graphic cards.
This is Intel's fault, not WA's, but again when WA becomes true colour they might switch away from direct draw.

- More scheme editing possibilities. Even some kind of events or objects in map would be nice. Like you could put mines and oil barrels and starting positions of worms to map, now them are all randomly positioned. I mean tese settings would be included in map file. That would be nice for example in roper races or other games where everyone start from "start".
Planned.

Also some event system would be very nice. For example when some worm come to some point or area in map, something happens, or when someone kill someone, something happen. This would allow much more fun and interesting things in maps. It would even make breaking rules impossible, if there would be possibility to code rules in map. For example if someone attack to the last team in game where is ABL rule, then game gives automatically punishment to him :P
Planned, you can see a primitive version of this with the fiddler.

madangel
11 Jan 2008, 19:12
Compatibility with Intel chipsets, specifically the mobile 965 chipset.

and yes, I know it's Intel's problem, but there has to be some solution that can be figured out through a patch.

franpa
12 Jan 2008, 08:13
Compatibility with Intel chipsets, specifically the mobile 965 chipset.

and yes, I know it's Intel's problem, but there has to be some solution that can be figured out through a patch.

Planned. This can only happen when WA does come tru colour rather than paletted which will take a bit of work.

here is your answer. they would have to replace the old display engine with something other then direct draw for support with intels crap drivers.

Jerry
12 Jan 2008, 11:26
Yo Guys.
W:A wouold have been better if there 'd be something like
Time , in the game [h;m;s]
something like:
[16:34:14] [sF-Hakfinn] Hf
[16:34:20] [xxx] You too
[16:34:40] [sF-Hakfinn] ops
that is not a bad idead and i think it's not hard to do, what do you all think?
Plz answer bellow :P

bonz
12 Jan 2008, 11:44
Yo Guys.
W:A wouold have been better if there 'd be something like
Time , in the game [h;m;s]
something like:
[16:34:14] [sF-Hakfinn] Hf
[16:34:20] [xxx] You too
[16:34:40] [sF-Hakfinn] ops
that is not a bad idead and i think it's not hard to do, what do you all think?
Plz answer bellow :P
You mean a time stamp in the chat bar?

I think the game would need to check the players timezone then to add it to the replay.

SilPho
12 Jan 2008, 13:01
I'm not sure how the in game replays work, but it seems that the game takes a "snapshot" of the action whenever a weapon is fired, and will jump immediately back to that spot in order to run the instant replay. Is it possible to emulate this snapshot ability.

I'm not suggesting a snap be taken on every frame, but perhaps every 1, 2 or 5 minutes during the playback of a replay. This data could then be saved to the replay file, expanding the size, but not by huge amounts that would happen by saving every unique frame. Alternatively it could be stored just in RAM so that you can rewind to what you've seen but not fast forward immediately, just follow the current fast forwarding techniques.

Just a thought at least.

Edit: In respone to the above posts: A timestamp sounds good. You could always base it on the host's clock or the local machine's clock to save timezone concerns.

yakuza
12 Jan 2008, 13:20
It doesn't take snapshots, afaik, it records keystrokes and replays the action. If you took a snapshot of every frame replays would be of too much size. So it's scheme data+map data+object data and then a bunch of keystrokes, that's why replays are so handy with their low filesize.

Jerry
12 Jan 2008, 14:44
Ya bonz.
And something like options with big maps and small maps
+making maps in the options of W:A for the bigger resolution.:cool:

bonz
12 Jan 2008, 15:18
making maps in the options of W:A for the bigger resolution.
You mean big maps created by the game's random map generator? That's already planned of course.

Although I think that we would need the adapted weapons before playing big random maps is any fun.
All the oversized maps today are designed to be played with specific schemes.

And I can't imagine playing a BnG on a big map, when the 5 second fuse of a grenade isn't even able to reach all the spots.

LunaVorax
12 Jan 2008, 16:26
All the Worms 2 missings weapons. :D

Rainman_
12 Jan 2008, 17:18
The ability to change the watercolor in options.

yakuza
12 Jan 2008, 17:39
The ability to change the watercolor in options.

Use wormkit.

olavi
12 Jan 2008, 20:27
how about making it possible for linux?

so we wouldn't have to do all that stuff in wine (that i can't do... dunno how to)

SilPho
12 Jan 2008, 20:39
It doesn't take snapshots, afaik, it records keystrokes and replays the action. If you took a snapshot of every frame replays would be of too much size. So it's scheme data+map data+object data and then a bunch of keystrokes, that's why replays are so handy with their low filesize.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the "Instant Replay" features you get *during* a game. (Like when lots of worms die at once and the game shows you again).

You could record the replays as normal and then have a new option in the right click menu (Windows, not in game) to "Record checkpoints" either every X minutes or at the start of every turn. So that when you run that replay (which will now be a slightly larger file) you can skip straight through to the next turn or the next timed checkpoint.

Hakfinn
12 Jan 2008, 23:54
The next update will be 4.0? ;)
Maybe more ppl in host? I mean spectators (even more players). :)

Emanuel556
13 Jan 2008, 03:22
new weapons yey!

when will we have a new update tho?

CyberShadow
13 Jan 2008, 06:59
The next update will be 4.0? ;)
No. Stop asking.
Maybe more ppl in host? I mean spectators (even more players). :)
Maybe.
how about making it possible for linux?
Yes. In 4.0.
when will we have a new update tho?
When it's ready. Stop asking.

HeroHolger
13 Jan 2008, 12:52
an automatic update system would be nice :-)

also a a userfunction about quitted games of an onlineaccount.

Nando
13 Jan 2008, 13:21
It would be nice if it automatically saved the maps you play online, or if this would at least be available as an option. As it is, you end up downloading the same map again every time you join a different game, which can get a bit annoying for big maps, especially if you or the host you're loading from are on a slow connection.

CyberShadow
13 Jan 2008, 13:39
an automatic update system would be nice :-)
Planned for 4.0.
also a a userfunction about quitted games of an onlineaccount.
A "quitter" reputation score, you say? That needs some thought...
It would be nice if it automatically saved the maps you play online, or if this would at least be available as an option. As it is, you end up downloading the same map again every time you join a different game, which can get a bit annoying for big maps, especially if you or the host you're loading from are on a slow connection.
Planned for 4.0.

franpa
13 Jan 2008, 14:12
It would be nice if it automatically saved the maps you play online, or if this would at least be available as an option. As it is, you end up downloading the same map again every time you join a different game, which can get a bit annoying for big maps, especially if you or the host you're loading from are on a slow connection.Planned for 4.0.
note: he also mentioned the ability to not download the map if the user already has it. (just pointing it out if that was overlooked.)

Hakfinn
13 Jan 2008, 14:27
The bulbs what makes you waiting 1min, then it kicks you from the game if you won't light up.
-Polish language (I can translate some words if u want me to)
-The options from wwp. I mean those 3 options of animations (Castles, blood on, crates.. etc)
-In the #AG if there would be something like a INBOX, type of TiCPU, hmm..
What you think? :cool:

franpa
13 Jan 2008, 14:47
The bulbs what makes you waiting 1min, then it kicks you from the game if you won't light up.

you get kicked from the game because the host did not like waiting for you. the host is the only one that can kick a person from a game at that screen and during a game.

HeroHolger
13 Jan 2008, 14:54
A "quitter" reputation score, you say? That needs some thought...

right, that you know how many games the account played and in how many of it he quitted. At the moment are so many new players online and it makes me angry when i have to choose between 5 accounts who has joined yn elite and i dont know wich of them i should kick. I think i kick mostly the wrong of them :-)

bonz
13 Jan 2008, 15:45
All the Worms 2 missings weapons. :D
This will be possible when Fiddler schemes are supported.
I'm talking about the "Instant Replay" features you get *during* a game. (Like when lots of worms die at once and the game shows you again).

You could record the replays as normal and then have a new option in the right click menu (Windows, not in game) to "Record checkpoints" either every X minutes or at the start of every turn. So that when you run that replay (which will now be a slightly larger file) you can skip straight through to the next turn or the next timed checkpoint.
From the beta readme:
•If M is pressed during playback, the current frame will be marked as if "Playback at" had been used. Subsequently pressing R will fast-forward to that point after restarting the replay. As before, Shift+R resets the marker to the first frame of the replay. The marker is temporary and lasts only for the duration of the current playback session.

CyberShadow
13 Jan 2008, 15:59
note: he also mentioned the ability to not download the map if the user already has it. (just pointing it out if that was overlooked.)Your remark is fairly pointless, because that's the only sane way to interpret them (all maps you play on, online or offline, are already automatically saved in replays). A map cache is planned for 4.0.
I'm talking about the "Instant Replay" features you get *during* a game. (Like when lots of worms die at once and the game shows you again).If this is about performance, I think it's better to optimize the game engine so replay fast-forwarding can be much faster. Currently there's plenty of room for optimizations.
right, that you know how many games the account played and in how many of it he quitted. Okay, not before 4.0 though (as it's based on WormNET accounts).

HeroHolger
13 Jan 2008, 16:42
can you give us some planed dates of your planed 4.0? i'm just curios :-)

is it still the reunion with wwp?

Rainman_
13 Jan 2008, 16:56
If you come back to this forum in 2015 then maybe version 4.0 is ready to be released.

SilPho
13 Jan 2008, 18:27
Just to clarify what I've been talking about: I've just been wondering how the game handles the replays that occur during the game. (The ones you get in offline matches, not the recording files).

Either the game remembers the game state at the beginning of every shot (probable) so that it can jump back instantly or there is code in there that is actually rewinding the action (unlikely).

I figure if the game is remembering the state, that would be a good replacement for the marker scheme we currently have. (By pressing M). And then maybe more than just one could be used at a time.

snowdog
13 Jan 2008, 18:29
All WWP features offcourse, espacially the 3 module selecters.

Skeeter
13 Jan 2008, 18:56
Ability to make a option where only 1 crate can be picked up per turn to stop ppl from geting multiple crates in shoppa games would be nice for those that bugger up our turns and hate it when others get our crates. :p

HeroHolger
13 Jan 2008, 20:21
Ability to make a option where only 1 crate can be picked up per turn to stop ppl from geting multiple crates in shoppa games would be nice for those that bugger up our turns and hate it when others get our crates. :p

i dont like this idea, this destroys the idea of "the best should win"

franpa
13 Jan 2008, 22:51
Just to clarify what I've been talking about: I've just been wondering how the game handles the replays that occur during the game. (The ones you get in offline matches, not the recording files).

Either the game remembers the game state at the beginning of every shot (probable) so that it can jump back instantly or there is code in there that is actually rewinding the action (unlikely).

I figure if the game is remembering the state, that would be a good replacement for the marker scheme we currently have. (By pressing M). And then maybe more than just one could be used at a time.

it probably pauses the game and plays a replay of the specific action over the top of the game.

bonz
14 Jan 2008, 10:53
IIRC, the .wagame replays use the same code as the instant replays during a game.
I think that's where Deadcode got the inspiration for it.

AFAIR, there was bug once where an instant replay suddenly showed a different action than what happened during the game. After the instant replay finished, the game crashed.
This shows that an instant replay simply replays a small part of the game too.

If the problem with playing a game backwards (for rewinding) can't be solved, I think the marker system could be utilized.
If we had a video-player-like bar, you could "rewind" by restarting the replay at one of many markers (perhaps every 1sec or 5sec) without showing any of the action of course like it does when fast forwarding.

Maybe it's possible to show a snapshot of the action that happened at each marker.
The game could automatically reduce the amount of markers on the fly during play reagarding how long the game takes, to avoid big file sizes (if it actually would get big).

Hurrell, if the above is the same that you tried to say, nevermind then.

Melon
14 Jan 2008, 11:24
Why not make it an option AFTER the replay has been recorded to create these markers. Right-click the file, select "create marker points" (or something), and then the replay will run through and save the state of the replay at the beginning of each turn. Now, you can go to "Playback at..", and choose the number turn you'd like to look at.

This way, we can still store and distribute replays in their small state, and when someone downloads it, they can run the marker point command and then watch the replay at a specific turn.

Shadowmoon
14 Jan 2008, 19:59
Why not make it an option AFTER the replay has been recorded to create these markers. Right-click the file, select "create marker points" (or something), and then the replay will run through and save the state of the replay at the beginning of each turn. Now, you can go to "Playback at..", and choose the number turn you'd like to look at.

This way, we can still store and distribute replays in their small state, and when someone downloads it, they can run the marker point command and then watch the replay at a specific turn.

Yeah, good idea.:D

XNiKoX
14 Jan 2008, 22:05
You mean a time stamp in the chat bar?

I think the game would need to check the players timezone then to add it to the replay.

GMT time only?

franpa
15 Jan 2008, 13:59
perhaps support GMT and what ever it was that replaced it.

ThMystrus
17 Jan 2008, 21:10
Don't have WA yet, but i would be pleased to buy it, if it has ingame integrated mission/campaign editor/maker for the user to make missions and stuff, Oh yes and horror and kamikaze speeches/themes/maps from WWP and W3D to WA. :p

CyberShadow
18 Jan 2008, 01:29
W:A has a Kamikaze soundbank. Soundbanks from other games will not be officially backported. Creating custom "missions" will be made possible around 4.x, but by current design it will be more flexible than user-friendly (you'll need to do some scripting).

ThMystrus
18 Jan 2008, 15:01
W:A has a Kamikaze soundbank. Soundbanks from other games will not be officially backported. Creating custom "missions" will be made possible around 4.x, but by current design it will be more flexible than user-friendly (you'll need to do some scripting).

Ah, thanks for info. Scripting... i had interest in learning long time ago, i shall intend to try again. :)

HeroHolger
18 Jan 2008, 16:24

from 4.x is written now about over 3 year. is it realy a serios developmentstep?

bonz
18 Jan 2008, 19:43
from 4.x is written now about over 3 year. is it realy a serios developmentstep?
Seriously planned at least. :)

But it doesn't matter for me.
I intend to live some more decades, so I have no problems waiting. ;)

SilPho
18 Jan 2008, 22:22
I intend to live some more decades, so I have no problems waiting. ;)

Would be nice if more people would remember that.

(Myself included actually, I'm quite impatient :rolleyes:)

SgtFusion
19 Jan 2008, 04:44
Yeah, me too.

Syc0
19 Jan 2008, 06:12
I think it would be pretty awesome to have a w:a/wwp/w2 community-oriented site which not only acts as a snooper that allows you to chat and join/host games, but also updates online profiles with rankings. This would be something similar to gunbound's online system. A great add-on to this would be an api (allowing all information to be output in xml) so that any worms related sites can access any of the information. I'm sure Team17 has decent enough servers to be able to take on a small community site like this. Something else might be to have a big database of maps and schemes and whatever else you would usually have in your User folder, and have a hosting front end on the site where you can utilize all of this (would require worms to be able to interact with the web more than wa:// I imagine). I know this idea is probably way off considering Team17 doesn't consider w:a much of a priority now, but man it would be sweet.

ThMystrus
19 Jan 2008, 09:10
I think it would be pretty awesome to have a w:a/wwp/w2 community-oriented site which not only acts as a snooper that allows you to chat and join/host games, but also updates online profiles with rankings. This would be something similar to gunbound's online system. A great add-on to this would be an api (allowing all information to be output in xml) so that any worms related sites can access any of the information. I'm sure Team17 has decent enough servers to be able to take on a small community site like this. Something else might be to have a big database of maps and schemes and whatever else you would usually have in your User folder, and have a hosting front end on the site where you can utilize all of this (would require worms to be able to interact with the web more than wa:// I imagine). I know this idea is probably way off considering Team17 doesn't consider w:a much of a priority now, but man it would be sweet.

Good idea.

By the way, what are you guys above--- waiting for? Am nto quite sure what it is... :confused:

franpa
19 Jan 2008, 09:54
most people are waiting for support for fiddler schemes... it would vastly increase the editablity of weapons.

ThMystrus
19 Jan 2008, 10:36
most people are waiting for support for fiddler schemes... it would vastly increase the editablity of weapons.

Doesn't sound that big. Editability of worms appearance would be something. :cool:

SilPho
19 Jan 2008, 11:00
Editing the way the game works to create new weapons and new game types VS changing sprites...

If I recall correctly the plan is to eventually get both, but right now the largest feature I could ask for would be the ability to put schemes in to folders, like we do with maps.

Nando
19 Jan 2008, 13:58
Are there any plans to change the way connections to WormNET are handled? Because at the moment it often starts lagging horribly when there are 50+ people on WormNET. But then, providing a chat room and a list of games for 50 people shouldn't be that much of an issue, should it? :confused:

CyberShadow
19 Jan 2008, 14:36
Changing the worms' sprites is not planned.

New WormNET server software is planned with 4.0 (as well as a rewrite of all network code).

ThMystrus
19 Jan 2008, 18:55
Changing the worms' sprites is not planned.
:mad: Oh nooes! :(

Rainman_
19 Jan 2008, 20:16
Making the background in WA better and more detailed could be a nice little feature for the future.

HeroHolger
20 Jan 2008, 12:08
most player disables the background :-)

bonz
20 Jan 2008, 15:04
:mad: Oh nooes! :(
What the heck did you expect?

Get the sprite editor, extract all sprites as images, then count all those that start with a W.
You'll notice that there are always 3 versions of every sprite (worm standing on flat, tilted to the left and tilted to the right worm on an up slope, worm on a down slope.) and each sprite has about 10 single frames.

I did a projection in another thread somewhere and IIRC, you would need to edit about 500,000 single frames to change for example the colour of a worm from pink to blue.

Got that?
Editing Worms will never happen.

(Well, perhaps if you can obtain a copy of Cambridge Animation's Animo v1.7 and an appropriate Sun Sparc workstation where it can run on, and send both to either Los Angeles or Chişinău. :rolleyes:)

yakuza
20 Jan 2008, 15:19
I thought there was only either left or right animations since the game mirrored them to face the opposite direction.

Muzer
20 Jan 2008, 15:37
Correct, but there still need to be three versions, worm standing flat, worm on an up slope, worm on a down slope.

ThMystrus
20 Jan 2008, 15:43
Well, they did the customization possible in W4.
I see you're right, i guess... but still... :(

bonz
20 Jan 2008, 16:24
I thought there was only either left or right animations since the game mirrored them to face the opposite direction.
Correct, but there still need to be three versions, worm standing flat, worm on an up slope, worm on a down slope.
Whoops!
That's what I wanted to say.

SgtFusion
20 Jan 2008, 19:17
I think that customizable jetpack fuel should be added to the options (with -1 being infinite fuel).
EDIT: I also think you should be able to add CPU teams to online/LAN games.

HeroHolger
21 Jan 2008, 23:19
i'd like too see some new tactic tool like a

timeengine (if u use it, you could undo the last 1 or 2 turns without getting back the used waeppons, worms get the old position) can be in t17 an interesting feature

and the possibility to continue an onlinegame after disconnecting. The disconnected player has about 2min time to come back or so. Or that you can finish the game the next day at the replaytime the game crashed. normaly all informations to continue the game has to be there in the replay.
especialy in laddergames sometimes you dont know if the opponent quitting 'cos he is losing or just disconnecting. SO its no problem to finish the "unfinished" game.

multi-CPU-core-handling? (i think the latest gcc suports it...whats your used compiler?)

raffie
22 Jan 2008, 10:45
Making the background in WA better and more detailed could be a nice little feature for the future.

Custom backgrounds would be vey nice from a map makers piont of view.
They could be full frame / tiled, blurred out and or semi-transparrant to make the difference between fore- and background obvious.

How to distribute it a custom bg I'm not so sure about yet tho, having 2 png files would be a bit stupid heh. Maybe divide the width of a png by 2, use the first half as fg and the last as bg? Would still need to specify to WA somehow this IS a map with fg and bg, and not any other map created for WA untill now.

I'm relly thinking out loud here ;)

bonz
22 Jan 2008, 20:39
i'd like too see some new tactic tool like a

timeengine (if u use it, you could undo the last 1 or 2 turns without getting back the used waeppons, worms get the old position) can be in t17 an interesting feature
Very old idea:
http://worms2d.info/History_Eraser
and the possibility to continue an onlinegame after disconnecting. The disconnected player has about 2min time to come back or so. Or that you can finish the game the next day at the replaytime the game crashed. normaly all informations to continue the game has to be there in the replay.
especialy in laddergames sometimes you dont know if the opponent quitting 'cos he is losing or just disconnecting. SO its no problem to finish the "unfinished" game.
Already planned.
By using the .wagame replay system.
Infact, this is how a new, secure online ranking will be based on.
multi-CPU-core-handling? (i think the latest gcc suports it...whats your used compiler?)
Hmm...
I doubt that WA would need the power of multiple CPUs.
BTW, network code optimisations are planned, which is the crux of the matter.

HeroHolger
22 Jan 2008, 21:43
it dont need the power but if it dont support multicore, it slows the PC.

bonz
23 Jan 2008, 01:34
it dont need the power but if it dont support multicore, it slows the PC.
Well, the "100% CPU usage" bug has been fixed for the menus and supposedly should get fixed in the next beta for in-game.

franpa
23 Jan 2008, 05:19
it doesnt slow the pc down if it isnt multicore. it just sits on one core istead of both. the other core is 100% free'd up for whatever else to use.

Syc0
25 Jan 2008, 01:46
Well, the "100% CPU usage" bug has been fixed for the menus and supposedly should get fixed in the next beta for in-game.

It would be nice, on that note, to get a revamp of the front end, allow for different resolutions, make customizing easier, etc.

Muzer
25 Jan 2008, 09:16
That will happen at 4.0

mattheo
3 Feb 2008, 06:07
Slightly bigger graves: 24 x 40 pixels. Support for PNG graves. An option to disable the Team17 and Microprose logos when the game is started. A mission editor.

Muzer
3 Feb 2008, 09:39
An option to disable the Team17 and Microprose logos when the game is started.

Right click on your WA shortcut and click properties. Then, in the target bocx, OUTSIDE of the quotes, type /NOINTRO . So if your WA path is C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon/WA.EXE, the whole target box will look like this:

"C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\WA.EXE" /NOINTRO

Rainman_
3 Feb 2008, 11:42
Add support for custom animated graves without using one of those external Team Editors.

balver
11 Mar 2008, 13:17
Add support for custom animated graves without using one of those external Team Editors.

I'd like this too. As I wrote here (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?p=640748#post640748).

Hiicantpk
11 Mar 2008, 22:32
A Type of weapon than you plant on the ground, and within that certain space, gets shielded from a certain attack.
Like that item would be placed around the area And it would protect anything in that area from , oh lets jst say, grenades. Once that item is used, it would protect that area from any grenade (not cluster bomb etc) for 1 turn.

Plasma
11 Mar 2008, 23:16
A Type of weapon than you plant on the ground, and within that certain space, gets shielded from a certain attack.
Like that item would be placed around the area And it would protect anything in that area from , oh lets jst say, grenades. Once that item is used, it would protect that area from any grenade (not cluster bomb etc) for 1 turn.
Worms 4 Mayhem has Bubble Trouble, which protects from all attacks outside the bubble. However, enemies can walk into the bubble and attack from inside though.

bonz
12 Mar 2008, 12:32
Yeah, I would like to see Bubble Trouble, the sentry gun and the tail nail from W4M in WA.

TeDdywoRm
12 Mar 2008, 12:45
The problem is if you want to have them in WA, you'll be making thousands of frames/sprites for those weapons.

bonz
12 Mar 2008, 13:38
The problem is if you want to have them in WA, you'll be making thousands of frames/sprites for those weapons.
True.
That's why we need Cambridge Animations "Animo" in version 1.7 plus an old Sparc workstation. :)