PDA

View Full Version : and the Worms Armageddon Annual Awards for Atrocious Gameplay are...

Run
2 Jan 2008, 10:33
...here! (http://www.nanacide.com/worstshotever/)

There weren't quite as many submissions as I was hoping (barely one a week over the whole year!) but there were still enough, thankfully. I'd like to think that that's because WormNET is slightly more competent than predicted but personal experience suggests otherwise, so it's probably down to people forgetting.
Hopefully with a little more exposure it might be more popular this year... so get spreading the word and don't forget to upload those replays!

Akuryou13
2 Jan 2008, 12:21
wait, so I've got to download the replay, and sit there for 30 minutes to watch each game?! you're crazy :p

pisto
2 Jan 2008, 12:33
you've got to read the readme, learn about the "start at..." function, and use it with the time shown in the file name of the replay.

Akuryou13
2 Jan 2008, 12:47
you've got to read the readme, learn about the "start at..." function, and use it with the time shown in the file name of the replay. ah, why thank ya then. :D

edit: not sure if I'm being dense or if Vista isn't compatible, but when I right click on the .WAGame files the readme says I should see a "playback at..." option, and I don't. am I misunderstanding the instructions or does it not work with vista?

robowurmz
2 Jan 2008, 13:09
It probably doesn't work with vista then.

pisto
2 Jan 2008, 13:26
it should be fixed in the next update, I expect it to be released within a month

bonz
2 Jan 2008, 15:38
It seems that you have wrongly named one of the replays in the Most Poorly Thought-Out Turn category.
It says "bonz" a second time, while the file name mentions "kowboy".
(Not that I have watched the replays yet.)

I guess I have to think about your project more often in 2008.
I've had some really funny stuff last year, yet I never sent in an nomination. :(

Plainplane
2 Jan 2008, 17:16
I wish I knew about this!

I had a game in which the whole thing went crazy, another shoppa in which I accidently knocked a worm and that worm and another of that guy's worms plopped, and a game in which I plopped two of my own worms at the end of my turn. :(

Plainplane :)

Melon
2 Jan 2008, 18:24
Hmmm... I was kind of hoping the Worst Turn of the Year would be a lot funnier.

Maybe you could give an "honourable mention" to the best of the replays that were disqualified. I only say this because one of my offline shots was atrocious. (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=583330&postcount=94)

bloopy
2 Jan 2008, 20:35

:p But it was hilarious becuase it was so bad. I like how Splongul walked onto the mine just to acknowledge how bad it really was.

DarkOne
3 Jan 2008, 14:55
I took the liberty of posting this on the XTC forums, so perhaps there will be more entries next time.

KRD
3 Jan 2008, 18:43
Watched them all from the bottom earlier today. Jeremy's climax was just... breathtaking. It wouldn't feel right if he hadn't won the thing.

Run
3 Jan 2008, 19:06
it truly was the worst turn

also, thanks D1!

Maybe you could give an "honourable mention" to the best of the replays that were disqualified. I only say this because one of my offline shots was atrocious. (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=583330&postcount=94)

Hahahahah I remember watching that

I might squeeze it on the site somehow

Melon
3 Jan 2008, 20:08
Splongul certainly won a lot of these awards.

I guess that says something.

Akuryou13
4 Jan 2008, 00:04
Hahahahah I remember watching that

I might squeeze it on the site somehowperhaps do a small section for offline?

DarkOne
5 Jan 2008, 21:34
Splongul certainly won a lot of these awards.

I guess that says something.

I get the feeling these awards were created for that purpose alone, Melon

Run
6 Jan 2008, 00:00
Nah but there is a selection bias because i'm more likely to remember to submit a game than anyone else

and my games almost exclusively involve splongul and parker

DarkOne
6 Jan 2008, 10:26
Yes, Run, why aren't there any replays of yourself in there?

Run
6 Jan 2008, 11:43
But there is! Just a runner-up though :P

Parker did the best of the three of us he didn't even get a nomination

DarkOne
7 Jan 2008, 10:57
But there is! Just a runner-up though :P

If it makes you feel better: I nominate you for the most atrocious advertising compaign for these awards :p