PDA

View Full Version : WA v3.6.28.0 vs. czech version

Patejl
23 Dec 2007, 13:41
I have a big problem with this patch. Everything works fine until I try to enter the Create new team or Edit team menu. Only black screen appears for a few seconds, than game just fall back to Windows!
I´m using a czech localised version released by CDProjekt (http://www.cdprojekt.cz) and I'm running it under Windows XP SP2.

And there is another little problem, this patch completely rewrited all czech texts into english, but it's not so important for me.

Muzer
23 Dec 2007, 16:22
Go into your WA\User\Graves and WA\User\Flags folders and delete or move their contents.

Patejl
23 Dec 2007, 19:32
Go into your WA\User\Graves and WA\User\Flags folders and delete or move their contents.

:( It doesn't work! Game still falls, there is only one diffence, now game crash immediately without several seconds of black screen!

Muzer
23 Dec 2007, 21:54
You'll have to use an external team editor like TeamED, from www.blamethepixel.com

CyberShadow
24 Dec 2007, 12:46
So you don't get any error messages - the game just exits silently?

Patejl
26 Dec 2007, 10:26
So you don't get any error messages - the game just exits silently?

Well, standard Windows XP application error window appears, but nothing else!

CyberShadow
26 Dec 2007, 13:41
Please try running W:A with this WormKit module: 30849

WormKit instructions and download here: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/

Patejl
26 Dec 2007, 16:54
I unpacked WormKit and this module to my Worms Armageddon folder and ran the game with WormKit.exe, game started without intro, but creating/editing of team still doesn't work. So, nothing changed!

CyberShadow
26 Dec 2007, 19:42
Oh, silly me! I forgot to tell you that after you get the crash, you have to compress and upload any EXC_xxxx.DMP files you find in your WA folder. If there are too many by now, delete them all and make W:A crash once - then just post those.

Patejl
27 Dec 2007, 16:40
OK, here's that file!

Patejl
9 Mar 2008, 02:10
How does it look like? Is there any chance to play the czech version with this patch?

franpa
9 Mar 2008, 05:04
don't forget to delete all your custom graves too, it is not just custom flags that cause the team editor to fail.

CyberShadow
9 Mar 2008, 18:32
Didn't get to this yet, but it's on the to-do list.

CyberShadow
28 Mar 2008, 02:20
The problem is most likely caused by an invalid grave/flag, either in the game folder or on the CD. I cannot confirm this, as the minidumps attached don't hold the required information. The bugfix for crashes caused by 24-bit bitmaps will be included in the next Beta.

Patejl: you may contact me before then to confirm if this is indeed the issue.