PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for roping?

Skeeter
22 Dec 2007, 02:03
I see ppl when i play shoppa that go very fast and can knock against walls to move quicker too, also it seems they can aim the rope after its been used. Can someone perhaps offer some roping tips so i can get better?

Thx. :)

force123
22 Dec 2007, 04:49
:) guess that's the start of all ropers :)

my opinion :

you can play shoppa or fly shopper online. but some rope games like wxw you can't.
best practice is to play offline. so many people i've seen , they've said WxW maps are the best for practicing rope. offline of course . some rarely says roper maps. and some of course rope race maps.

Once and only once you got better (you will know it when you got better), you can check some sites to learn some tricks.

the are some sites like www.rrkit.com
in the turorial --> tricks section , got the most popular rope tricks .

PS : DO NOT try to do a trick when you cant even do a simple scroll . (simple roping : going up down , left right easily)

and don't forget : Practice makes perfect

lefortek
22 Dec 2007, 12:06
If you are absolute newbie,you should play shoppa firstly.Then WxW,Roper,Rope race.But you have to be patient for Roper and Rope race.I'm sure you will be good roper if you play a few months in patience.

And there are some links.Maybe you can't make those moves,just check it.

http://www.geocities.com/darkonemaps/tutorials.html

http://membres.lycos.fr/goodboy01/xrt.html

pisto
22 Dec 2007, 12:09
basically , three things makes a good roping: you have to know what slope the rope will be shot with during a swing (easier to understand by tries than to explain), remember to hold the same arrow key as the direction of roping while hitting a wall (the direction before the wall is touched, you'll get an extra speed), and always hold the up arrow.

bonz
23 Dec 2007, 11:26
go very fast [...] can knock against walls [...] can aim the rope after its been used
Sounds to me as if they have teststuff enabled.
As a host, type /test in the lobby to activate crazy (unsupported) stuff like that and some more.

Check the beta read-me to learn about more commands.

Evil Bunny
24 Dec 2007, 00:25
Here's the best tip you could possibly get:

Practice.

I don't know about people these days but when i started playing online i put in quite a few hours of practice to learn the basic skills. But I suppose avarage skill level has dropped quite a bit since those days. Not many people around can still do 12sec propers (I include myself) which was rather common back then.

yakuza
24 Dec 2007, 12:06
But I suppose avarage skill level has dropped quite a bit since those days. Not many people around can still do 12sec propers (I include myself) which was rather common back then.

You suppose wrong then.

04A13
29 Dec 2007, 20:37
Have you tried reading hints and tips on the official armageddon website? I see there are tips uniquely for rope.

DaKing
29 Dec 2007, 21:27
Best way to develop your roping skill would be to play a lot of Rope Racers! Don't tap the space bar a lot, too. Bad habit. Makes you lose control.

Run
29 Dec 2007, 21:28
You suppose wrong then.

yes let's have a debate using nothing but anecdotal evidence about something that doesn't even matter

that's always been good for threads in the past

Muzer
30 Dec 2007, 09:59
Don't tap the space bar a lot

"Terry's Chocolate Orange. Don't tap it, whack it!"

Run
30 Dec 2007, 20:17
http://www.nanacide.com/stuff/images/Emoticons/colbert.gif

DarkOne
30 Dec 2007, 21:11
Run is not amused.

bonz
31 Dec 2007, 11:02
Run is not amused.
That's the good sign, isn't it?

yakuza
3 Jan 2008, 18:49
yes let's have a debate using nothing but anecdotal evidence about something that doesn't even matter

that's always been good for threads in the past

Good threads indeed, too bad they're not your taste and you feel we care.

Run
3 Jan 2008, 19:11
trap sprung

HeroHolger
10 Jan 2008, 15:17
dont play Shoppa. You cant rise your Roper-skill with it.

Play Roper, RRTT or wxw.
But in all cases, practise it offline.

GrimOswald
10 Jan 2008, 23:29
But in all cases, practice it offline.

I hope you do not mean exclusively. Because that would just be plain silly.