PDA

View Full Version : PLZ HELP: Cant join server who hosted big maps!

Kikerezan
15 Dec 2007, 18:42
I have one problem. When i try to connect to some game i can enter it but if its a big map, after a while of downloading it i get error temp.thm file not found in wa/data folder, and need to quit that game. That happens in 90% of cases, there r some cases where i, with some miracle, download whole map and start playing(i m very happy in those cases:D). Can someone help me to solve this problem? My favourite maps are big maps:-), which i cant play:-(
PLEASE HELP ME!

Muzer
16 Dec 2007, 09:31
Check to see if the file is there (in C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\Data or somewhere similar). If it is, delete it. Nothing bad will come of it, and it might solve the problem.

Also, have you got the latest update from http:\\wa.team17.com ?

CyberShadow
17 Dec 2007, 01:34
If he didn't have the latest update, big maps would have never worked in the first place.

Do you have enough free space on the drive W:A is installed on?

Kikerezan
17 Dec 2007, 06:43
First of all,thx for answering at all:-)

Yes i have latest update,btw thx for releasing update:-)

Well,logicaly,if error says file not found,i cant delete it because there is not there:-). I tryed to find that file while i was downloading map from some server who hosted normal size map,wxw for example,and it was there(temp.thm). When we started that normal map,I tryed again to find that file,it wasnt there, but i started the game so I dont care. Same is happens in those cases when i actually start the game with big map.

When i first installed wa, I installed on other partition than my OS. Now i installed on same partition, both partitions have enough space(over 4gb and 30gb). Any other help, please?

robowurmz
17 Dec 2007, 16:50
Well,logicaly,if error says file not found,i cant delete it because there is not there:-).

Computers aren't logical. You should try looking for it and deleting it, because usually it is there, but it is corrupted.

franpa
18 Dec 2007, 01:49
adding CRC32 checking could potentially solve this issue, it would allow detecting if the file is corrupt and the game could force its deletion and redownload the map.

Kikerezan
18 Dec 2007, 17:05
sorry for missleading answer:-),i looked for it,and it wasnt there,so i cant delete it.

other thing is that when the game show me that error,i can click on button OK to remove information(error) and than i cant do anything except to click on button quit or exit(forgot how its called).chat field is there,but i cant send any text or recieve it.

CRC32?can u explain me a little better how can i do that? maybe it will work that way,btw i have no idea on what are you thinking:-)

Muzer
18 Dec 2007, 17:08
He's talking about how the update developers could fix a similar, but obviously not identical (or else your game would be working by now) issue where the temp.thm file, the temporary file in which the game stores the currectly used map, gets corrupted, and the game complains about not being able to find it for some reason, so cannot store any maps in it because it can't overwrite it because it's corrupted.