PDA

View Full Version : CPU to use rope?

Skeeter
13 Dec 2007, 06:11
Any chance theres a way to get the ai to use rope in shoppa? Some sort of modded ai or somit? I dont want to have to rely on the net games to play shoppa,

franpa
13 Dec 2007, 06:42
the ai can not handle the rope and its mechanics and it would most likely be too hard for the 2 active developers to add support for it in the near future.

robowurmz
13 Dec 2007, 12:56
the ai can not handle the rope and its mechanics and it would most likely be too hard for the 2 active developers to add support for it in the near future.

Too hard? Nothing seems to be too hard for DC and Cyber.

Melon
13 Dec 2007, 13:28
Eventually, they probably could. It would go right down to the very bottom of the to-do list though. The question is, how much support would you want to add. Getting an AI worm to rope around a rr without any help would probably be incredibly difficult. I would imagine adding such support into it's usual behavior is even more tough, as the possibilities it would then have in it's turn would increase greatly.

Dario
13 Dec 2007, 13:32
AI worms can barely jump obstacles, I doubt they'll ever get to rope :P

Rainman_
13 Dec 2007, 15:21
Exposing the AI behaviour through a scripting language would be something nice.

Wormetti
13 Dec 2007, 15:50
The AI uses the rope in Worms Open Warfare 1 and 2 on PSP but it still can't do rope races (it won't even let you add an AI player). If you don't give it any weapons, the AI usually uses skip go or does something stupid (jumps to its death) but sometimes it will use rope to collect a crate. That WOW2 code is highly unlikely to ever be put into WA and even if Team17 allowed it, the code would need to be rewritten anyway since the WA engine is very different.

pisto
13 Dec 2007, 17:26
I think developers should focus on improving the existent AI and make it do better turns and reduce "thinking bubble" time.

yakuza
13 Dec 2007, 17:53
I think the singleplayer aspect of worms shouldn't get any tweaking because it won't attract any more users plus the people who don't know about wormnet are extremely casual players who mostly play hotseat anyway.

franpa
14 Dec 2007, 11:17
i disagree yakuza, they could eventually add a scheme option that toggles between various new AI engines thus allowing for much more diverse offline play ^^.

missions wouldnt be adjust tho :P