PDA

View Full Version : WA - Options Won't Configure???

Pablitos
12 Dec 2007, 08:54
Hi guys, i just bought the trymedia copy of this game and im having trouble getting this option to stay configured...

Anyway In options I go untick the option where "Before the game begins you take turns to place your worms" i do that give my scheme a name and save... I then proceed to multiplayer where I choose my scheme and start a game against the CPU, well everytime the game starts the worms seem to be spread randomly even though i choose in the options so that I can pick where the worms go...i remember this option came handy when having a match against mates, so please help

Another thing I need more maps, can somebody lead me to some map packs, would be greatly appreciated, specially that map u get with the demo...

CyberShadow
12 Dec 2007, 09:16
To use custom scheme settings in an offline multiplayer game, you have to do one of:
1) Either just set the options on the multiplayer screen (not the Options screen from the main menu)
2) Use either the multiplayer or options screen to create your own scheme - after you set all the options, enter a new scheme name and click Save. After that you can recall it from the drop-down scheme menu on the multi-player screen, before you save.

The scheme editor in the options screen won't remember any scheme settings unless you save the scheme.

As for maps, try your luck at http://www.blamethepixel.com/ and http://www.clansfx.co.uk/. Note that you won't be able to use colour maps online because you're using the old and unpatchable TryMedia version.

KRD
12 Dec 2007, 13:38
And the manual worm placement of course isn't working because you're playing with a CPU team. The game automatically reverts to automatic placement when one is present, but perhaps one of the future updates which the TryMedia version doesn't work with will allow placing yours and the computer's worms, if you so wish.

Bottom line, get a proper CD version of the game. The Team17 store sells a W2/WA pack for 5.99 GBP.