PDA

View Full Version : Major lag...???

p8nted
3 Dec 2007, 23:41
I recently whipped out my old copy of Worms Armageddon due to a strange craving. After installing everything correctly and starting up the game, I realized that the game was running with EXTREMELY bad lag.

I run vista and have an NVIDIA quadro NVS 120 video card, 2 gigs of RAM and a 2 gHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. No one else in my dorm has this problem while using the same disk.

Any1 have any ideas? It lags like I'm running Oblivion on it's highest settings or something.

franpa
4 Dec 2007, 01:01
uh, enter the games tweaks folder and run a frontend tweak?

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 01:13
thx that did help a little...It still lags to the point of being unplayable however. Is there a "stronger" frontend tweak?

franpa
4 Dec 2007, 01:22
SlowFrontendWorkaround_AntiFlicker.reg

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 02:45
nope...I already tried that and the lag remains.

Shockdude
4 Dec 2007, 04:01
did you update (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15) the game?
:p

franpa
4 Dec 2007, 04:30
he wouldnt have found the "tweaks" folder without having updated ;)

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 05:06
hmm...well it fixed the lag in the menus. But it still lags hardcore in-game. in both single and multiplayer.

Any ideas?

CyberShadow
4 Dec 2007, 06:11
Hmm... more exotic hardware.

Did you try disabling Windows Aero effects?

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 06:34
how would I go about doing that?

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 06:40
ah I think I found it. I unchecked the "Enable Transparency" button. If that's what you were talking about. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the lag.

CyberShadow
4 Dec 2007, 06:54
Oh. Try the TimerWorkaround_On.reg tweak.

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 14:30
This helped a little. The lag is still there though. =/

bonz
4 Dec 2007, 14:46
Did you try disabling Windows Aero effects?
I unchecked the "Enable Transparency" button. If that's what you were talking about. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the lag.
Have you tried disabling Vista's fancy schmancy Aero features altogether by switching back to the classic Windows design (not XP either)?

Also, some people solved their Vista issues by installing the XP graphics drivers provided by their computer's manufacturer.

p8nted
4 Dec 2007, 18:21
Have you tried disabling Vista's fancy schmancy Aero features altogether by switching back to the classic Windows design (not XP either)?

Also, some people solved their Vista issues by installing the XP graphics drivers provided by their computer's manufacturer.

I'm not sure it's a vista issue. The lag in the menus was solved by the frontend workaround but for some reason the lag while actually in a game remains.

It's like it just ignored the actual game when fixing the issue.

p8nted
5 Dec 2007, 01:30
I'm at a loss...nothing I try seems to work.

franpa
5 Dec 2007, 02:21
that tweak (front end one) only affects the menu's... in-game lag is afaik a pretty new issue around here.

p8nted
5 Dec 2007, 03:14
Is there a way to maybe just apply it to in-game as well. It doesn't seem like that would be too hard.

Although it probably is and I just have no idea what I'm talking about.

Worms Armageddon is by far the best worms game...i wish they had stuck to the formula when making new worms games. Now if only i could play it... =,(

franpa
5 Dec 2007, 05:17
try disabling as many power saving functions as you can?

CyberShadow
5 Dec 2007, 08:04
This worked for users of Inter graphics chipsets: try installing XP's driver for your video card.

p8nted
16 Dec 2007, 22:20
Won't that mess up everything else? I want to be able to play other games besides just worms.

franpa
16 Dec 2007, 22:52
hardly anyone provides info on other games after installing winXP drivers, perhapse you could be the first to provide such valuable data?

SgtFusion
19 Dec 2007, 01:56
Won't that mess up everything else? I want to be able to play other games besides just worms.
No, it won't, depending on how you define "everything else". Most of the games we have nowadays were designed for WinXP. Vista was released only a little earlier this year, whereas XP has been around for years.