PDA

View Full Version : W:A Crashing After Single Player Deathmatch Games and Missions

Coop82
29 Nov 2007, 07:06
Hey guys, nice little forum you've got here ;) I had no idea there were so many fans of this simple yet legendary little game.

So here's the problem. Just like the title states. I've achieved the rank of Hero on single player for Death Matches, and all of a sudden the game starts crashing after I complete a game. Also, I'm on the single player mission where you have to get to the top of the Eiffel(sp?) Tower. After that mission completes the game crashes too. Anyone have any idea what I need to do? have you heard of this kind of problem before? I can provide log file info if that'll help, but to me it's all just jibberish and random binary and whatnot. hehe.

Thanks guys, please let me know!

franpa
29 Nov 2007, 07:35
i got that issue after using teamED to unlock everything and giving gold on all missions.

Coop82
29 Nov 2007, 08:16
i got that issue after using teamED to unlock everything and giving gold on all missions.

I'm not cheating or modifying my user folder in an way, though. Would the error log help if I posted it?

franpa
29 Nov 2007, 08:34
most likely yes, post the whole error log.

Coop82
29 Nov 2007, 08:59
Ugh, I can't post the entire log file. It's far too many characters, and attaching it is out of the question becasue the file size is too large.

Anyone have any suggestions before I tear my old computers apart and build a worms only machine?

franpa
29 Nov 2007, 09:10
compress the file?

MtlAngelus
29 Nov 2007, 09:10
Reinstall the game and start over? :p

KRD
29 Nov 2007, 22:21
Just upload the two files [ERRORLOG.txt and CRASH.dmp] to www.xnr.be and CyberShadow or Deadcode will come by with suggestions sooner or later. Provided that you are using the latest beta version of the game, that is. 3.6.28.0 is the version we're on now. Or Zip them both up and attach them to your reply, like Franpa says.

Since your problem began to occur after a while, it is not impossible something external is causing it. Have you started running any new messengers, media players, firewalls, anti virus solutions, desktop theme utilities or anything similar since the game last worked? You could try closing them one by one and see if any of them make a difference.

Another cause could be a graphics driver update. I've heard of cases where some combinations of graphics cards and drivers resulted in similar crashes when the game had to switch between the game and frontend screen modes, I believe.