PDA

View Full Version : People unable to enter my games

Cenobite
28 Nov 2007, 20:27
I did I search but couldnt find anything related.

Title says all. I thought it was my router but then when plugging modem directly to computer doesnt solve it either.

I can enter games and play games and CAN create games but nobody can enter.

Running Win XP, Sp2.

Shadowmoon
28 Nov 2007, 20:33
This has happened to me before.

Melon
28 Nov 2007, 20:42
Do you have a firewall?

The problem is nobody can join your games, as something's blocking a peer to peer connection. Do you have any program that might do that, like Peerguardian?

MrBunsy
28 Nov 2007, 20:43
What firewall do you use, and is WA.exe allowed to act as a server, or whatever your firewall needs?

edit: stop doing that Melon :p.

Shadowmoon
28 Nov 2007, 20:46
Stop doing what? do you mean the seizure avatar?

Cenobite
28 Nov 2007, 20:50
Just regular windows firewall, but the game is set to unblock by it.

What is "WA.exe allowed to act as a server"

Melon
28 Nov 2007, 21:22
Stop doing what? do you mean the seizure avatar?
He means posting just before he does while he's writing a reply.

When a player hosts a game online in WA he "acts like a server". All the connections go to that player, and the info is sent to everyone else through him. The other players only connect to the host, not each other, which is why if the host drops/quits, the game ends.

Something is preventing your internet from doing this. Routers and firewalls are usually the culprits.

CyberShadow
29 Nov 2007, 05:25
See that the "Force IP" box is unchecked. Don't listen to any guides that tell you to check it, they're out of date.

Check your local IP when you connect your computer to your modem directly. You can do that by looking in the connection status (from Network Connections inside Control Panel) or by typing "ipconfig" in a command prompt. If it starts with "192.168...." or "10....", then your computer isn't connected directly to the Internet and is still behind NAT. Some modems are also routers, so you could check for that - if not, you'll have to contact your ISP.

One easier way to check if you can host without going to WormNET and not involving other people is to host a Direct IP game and use the website http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check if the port you've configured for W:A (17011 by default) is connectable from the Internet.

Plainplane
30 Nov 2007, 23:01
See that the "Force IP" box is unchecked. Don't listen to any guides that tell you to check it, they're out of date.To be honest with you, the only way I can host behind my router is to make sure that the box IS checked. When it is not checked, I can not host.

Plainplane :)

CyberShadow
1 Dec 2007, 07:41
Unless you have a very very very weird network setup, I'll say that's a lie, if you're using the latest (3.6.28.0) Beta update. If what you say is true, then websites like http://whatsmyip.org/ will not give you your correct IP address.