PDA

View Full Version : you can crash W:A 3.6.28.0 by typing a really long private message o0

franpa
27 Nov 2007, 02:14
you can crash W:A 3.6.28.0 by typing a really long private message in #AG o0 eg: the below copied and pasted a million times will crash W:A

/msg really_long_message. a

bonz
27 Nov 2007, 08:05
If you put a million passengers onto an airplane it'll crash too. :rolleyes:

thomasp
27 Nov 2007, 08:39
If you put a million passengers onto an airplane it'll crash too. :rolleyes:
No it won't - it'll never get off the ground in order to then crash back into it :p. Most likely the plane wouldn't even move.

My guess is that a finite limit has to be imposed on the message length for whatever reason, and from there, your issue arises. Or, it's a memory issue where your computer simply can't cope with handing that much message information - that's nearing a megabyte if you post one letter a million times.

franpa
27 Nov 2007, 09:01
im pretty sure its related to the other similar error ;) hopefully a simple fix.

Melon
27 Nov 2007, 12:37
Surely this crash is the least of your worries? If you post that a million times, you'll become public enemy number one.

AndrewTaylor
27 Nov 2007, 13:14
How did you discover this, and do we have to ban you from Wormnet for flooding?

bonz
27 Nov 2007, 14:48
Since franpa has discovered a similar error before, I suppose he suffers from Narcolepsy, falling asleep in front of his computer, hitting the keyboard with his head.
When he wakes up, WA has crashed. ;)

yakuza
27 Nov 2007, 15:03
This is pretty old and it doesn't have to be a PM, it can be any kind of message. It also works in the game lobby. Also, it doesn't have to be that long, CS or DC must know the exact numbers but I'm sure it's less than 200 characters, not millions.

franpa
28 Nov 2007, 02:01
the error with normal messages was fixed in 3.6.28.0 :)

yakuza
28 Nov 2007, 04:05
the error with normal messages was fixed in 3.6.28.0 :)

Not entirely though, I can still recreate it and so can other people as far as I'm aware.

franpa
28 Nov 2007, 05:39
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31126

o0 how then since the one i speak of should be fixed.

bloopy
29 Nov 2007, 00:18
No it won't - it'll never get off the ground in order to then crash back into it :p. Most likely the plane wouldn't even move.

I think he's saying that the plane is already off the ground, and then you put the million passengers on it, possibly by firing them from cannons.

CyberShadow
29 Nov 2007, 05:15
Well, I think it's more like a plane with a million passengers on it will crash into the airport wall when attempting to take off.

thomasp
29 Nov 2007, 08:27
Trust me on this - a plane with a million passengers would never move, let alone get up enough speed to crash into something. Unless of course you designed a plane capable of taking a million passengers - in which case, if it crashed that would be a very bad design.

You'd never get anywhere close to a million people on a current-design aircraft. Let's take the Airbus A380-800 as an example - the biggest passenger plane in service, which can seat up to 853 passengers and 20 crew - 873 people. Its maximum possible payload is 90,800kg (this allows for just under 100,000kg of fuel to take it up to its max takeoff weight - you kind of need some fuel on the plane :p).

Let's assume each passenger weights the ICAO average of 75kg. That means if you put nothing but passengers on and Tube-style handrails you'd squeeze 1210 people on. Only 1/10th the way there :p

bonz
29 Nov 2007, 17:03
I think he's saying that the plane is already off the ground, and then you put the million passengers on it, possibly by firing them from cannons.
No, I was more thinking of parachute-dropping them from another plane that is already in the air.
Or possible a million of planes.

The other plane has a big funnel on top.