PDA

View Full Version : Cant manually place worms

Dramen
26 Nov 2007, 15:56
As the title says, on a map they are just randomly places, the button seems broken, its the same with the donor cards they dont work.

Using latest beta patch, what am i doing wrong?

Melon
26 Nov 2007, 16:00
1) You can't manually place CPU teams. Even if manual placement is on in the scheme, they'll be placed automatically if you're playing a CPU team.

2) Donor cards only appear when the last worm on a team dies (but not drown), and it will only appear if there will still be at least 2 teams remaining.

EDIT: Also, donor cards only appear if the team had a utility or superweapon, as they are the only things you can collect in a donor card.

Run
26 Nov 2007, 16:40
when you say the "button seems broken" what do you mean? You push it and a little puft of smoke comes out? it makes a sort of powering-down "beeeeeeeeoooop" sound?

specifics would be helpful

Dramen
26 Nov 2007, 22:09
Nope melon practically answered it for me...grim =[

I want to place my own worms and the ai can do wat it wants lol

GoDxWyvern
26 Nov 2007, 23:39
I've actually suggested enabling the player to place CPU worms to the developers before, so you might see that in a future update. ;)

Plainplane
26 Nov 2007, 23:47
I've actually suggested enabling the player to place CPU worms to the developers before, so you might see that in a future update. ;)That is quite pointless actually. The player might simply choose to place the CPU worms into the drink, so he automatically wins.

I like the idea of the player placing his/her worms before the computer automatically places the CPU worms.

Plainplane :)

bloopy
27 Nov 2007, 00:08
The player might simply choose to place the CPU worms into the drink, so he automatically wins.

Yes, using it in that way would be quite pointless, but placing CPU worms manually would be handy for setting up a specific situation, eg. a Fort game versus the CPU.

franpa
27 Nov 2007, 00:17
and also helpful for the challenge base :)

bonz
27 Nov 2007, 08:00
That is quite pointless actually. The player might simply choose to place the CPU worms into the drink, so he automatically wins.
Yes, and so can a human player.
But what's the point in that? You'll only cheat yourself.
Cheating in Solitaire isn't that awesome.

And as pointed out, such a feature would have some nice advantages.
Although, it should be a separate option that gets available when you select the regular manual placement.
I wouldn't want to be forced to place 40 additional Worms when I just want to place my own.

Dramen
28 Nov 2007, 23:54
yeah i like the idea! + lol who wud wanna do tht? xD!!

hint hint as always ^^

bonz
29 Nov 2007, 16:59
lol who wud wanna do tht? xD!!
Me.
I have drowned some of my worms by teleporting into the water many times.
They have to be punished when they're not fighting well enough.

Dramen
29 Nov 2007, 20:02
Me.
I have drowned some of my worms by teleporting into the water many times.
They have to be punished when they're not fighting well enough.

Lol indeed.