PDA

View Full Version : Plan your battles here!

Shadowmoon
19 Nov 2007, 18:50
I have created this thread so you can plan your battles that you do online. You can talk about what your hosting, remember to explain the time when you will host. Also does anyone want to play me? i am called worminator online, and i like shoppa and normal match. If you want to play me then tell me and we can battle!:cool:

MtlAngelus
20 Nov 2007, 07:35
Most people usually use msn (or something like it) for this.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 07:36
That doesn't mean that we can't plan our battles here. This is a great forum for discussing plans for online battles. Also does anyone want to play me online?

Dario
20 Nov 2007, 11:32
To be honest, nobody uses this forum to schedule games. In fact only a small fraction of all the wormers check T17 forums. If what you want is competitive worming then you should join one of the leagues that are going on in wormnet, otherwise you will have to simply pop up at AG and play a game with anybody.
Some good ammount of good quality information can be found at http://worms2d.info , inlcuding different wormy leagues, forums, popular schemes and their rules. You should (should as in MUST) read that if you are new to wormnet and wish not to be kicked out of 99% of the games you join.

bonz
20 Nov 2007, 16:44
When the Wormnet servers went down for several days or weeks in the past, the usermods have made at least 2 threads for the purpose to schedule direct IP hosted games as a workaround.
Those threads were stickied and could probably be revived should WN be offline again.

Other than those incidents scheduling games outside of WN (ingame or via a snooper) or in the IRC channel #worms on Gamesurge (http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge) does not make much sense.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 16:48
There would be nothing wrong with planning a battle here. Unless its against the rules.

Plasma
20 Nov 2007, 17:11
This has been done over and over again. And each time, there's never more than one or two battles planned.
And rarely does anyone actually come to play in those battles either.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 17:24
This has been done over and over again. And each time, there's never more than one or two battles planned.
And rarely does anyone actually come to play in those battles either.

Guess this is another thread to add to the locked up list.:mad:

bonz
20 Nov 2007, 17:27
Guess this is another thread to add to the locked up list.:mad:
No, but to the big pile of soon to be forgotten threads. ;)

I really suggest you check out #worms.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 17:35
No, but to the big pile of soon to be forgotten threads. ;)

I really suggest you check out #worms.

I have got worms: armageddon, WWP, Worms 2, Worms 4 Mayhem, Worms 3D, Worms: Open Warfare and Worms: Open Warfare 2 and WFUS. And i have played them a lot of times. Have i checked out worms enough? yes, i think i have.

Plasma
20 Nov 2007, 17:37
I have got worms: armageddon, WWP, Worms 2, Worms 4 Mayhem, Worms 3D, Worms: Open Warfare and Worms: Open Warfare 2 and WFUS. And i have played them a lot of times. Have i checked out worms enough? yes, i think i have.
Hmm, that's quite impressive. But if you ever want to have a battle on any of those, I suggest you check out #worms.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 17:42
What do you mean check out #worms? explain please.

Melon
20 Nov 2007, 17:44
http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 17:45
thanks melon.

Dario
20 Nov 2007, 17:51
Shadowmoon: please try to read a bit more carefully, we are trying to help you but you don't seem to be listening.

-We said that it will be hard for a game scheduled here to be played. Never said that it is illegal. Feel free to waste your time trying though.

-#worms refers to a chat channel that you can access using IRC and bonz had the kindness to give you a link, you should check it out.

KRD
20 Nov 2007, 20:18
i am called worminator online, and i like shoppa and normal match.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :eek:

Melon
20 Nov 2007, 20:52
Normal is good.

But shoppa = no skill AAARGH! (Actually I do find it fun in small doses).

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 20:54
Normal is good.

But shoppa = no skill AAARGH! (Actually I do find it fun in small doses).

Out of all the modes, i like fort and Normal the best. Shoppa is good, but Normal and fort are better. Oh and KRD, i can tell you hate shoppa.

Evil Bunny
20 Nov 2007, 22:19
I'm usually the first to say; bad idea. But i'll just let you figure that one out for yourself.

Shadowmoon
20 Nov 2007, 22:20
I knew this was a bad idea.

bonz
21 Nov 2007, 11:01
I have played #worms many times.
It's great fun and I always win.

You can even use the laser and the sheep-on-a-rope.
Awesome! :cool:

Shadowmoon
21 Nov 2007, 18:09
The link to #worms does not work.

bonz
22 Nov 2007, 14:18
The link to #worms does not work.
You mean the one I posted in post #5 in this thread?
Works perfectly fine for me.

Shadowmoon
22 Nov 2007, 16:43
But not all computers load links.

thomasp
22 Nov 2007, 16:49
You are aware you need an IRC client to join #worms - you can't just click on the link in your web browser (sometimes that works, but it depends on what type of IRC client you have installed). Or you can use Gamesurge's Java web-based client.

Shadowmoon
22 Nov 2007, 17:11
It doesn't really matter if the link doesn't work. I only created this thread so that people can plan there battles, but if people are using something else instead, then this thread has served its purpose.

S.A.S Worm
22 Nov 2007, 18:29
I have created this thread so you can plan your battles that you do online. You can talk about what your hosting, remember to explain the time when you will host. Also does anyone want to play me? i am called worminator online, and i like shoppa and normal match. If you want to play me then tell me and we can battle!:cool:

S.A.S Worm (that sounds good, and i wanna do it, but one thing, how do i do that then?

Shadowmoon
22 Nov 2007, 18:36
What you want to play me online?

yakuza
22 Nov 2007, 19:11
How do I close this chat window?

bonz
22 Nov 2007, 19:13
But not all computers load links.

You are aware you need an IRC client to join #worms - you can't just click on the link in your web browser (sometimes that works, but it depends on what type of IRC client you have installed). Or you can use Gamesurge's Java web-based client.
I linked to the tutorial page on the worms2d.info Wiki page.
If your browser can load this forum, it will load the page I linked to.

thomasp
22 Nov 2007, 19:16
I linked to the tutorial page on the worms2d.info Wiki page.
If your browser can load this forum, it will load the page I linked to.
I was referring to this link within the page Melon and bonz mentioned earlier: irc://irc.gamesurge.net/worms

You obviously need a properly-configured IRC client to open irc:// links.

Shadowmoon
22 Nov 2007, 19:16
It gets you on to the Worms 2D info wiki website. But if you click on the link to #worms it doesn't work.

thomasp
22 Nov 2007, 19:19
It gets you on to the Worms 2D info wiki website. But if you click on the link to #worms it doesn't work.
Try reading the rest of the webpage ( http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge for those too lazy to scroll up) - that tells you what you need to do in order to click on that link.

Basically, you need an IRC client.