PDA

View Full Version : Bugs?

Square
16 Nov 2007, 04:06
I made a scheme and edited it to have 25x fall damage, seemed to work single player, but on hostingbuddy + wsdb it didnt work.

Also it seems that even with a 0 crate drop it still drops after some time.

Another scheme by me also went wrong in hostingbuddy game. Grenade was set to damage 1, but in game it was exploding like a dynamite. Inversely, the holy hand grenade was set to 5 but the explosion was normal.

CyberShadow
16 Nov 2007, 04:56
I believe WSDB enforces some sanity checks on uploaded schemes. Check the messages you get after uploading a scheme. Also, I think there's some limit to the size of explosions (at least the craters). A HHG at power 5 may make a hole as big as one at 3.

No idea about the others. Check if they're consistent, and post steps to reproduce.

franpa
16 Nov 2007, 06:08
grenades explode big if super nades are turned on (or whatever its called) and www.worms2d.info has good info on the max power ratings for most/all weapons in W:A/WWP.

Square
22 Nov 2007, 19:57
I believe WSDB enforces some sanity checks on uploaded schemes. Check the messages you get after uploading a scheme. Also, I think there's some limit to the size of explosions (at least the craters). A HHG at power 5 may make a hole as big as one at 3.

No idea about the others. Check if they're consistent, and post steps to reproduce.

Made a test scheme with max weapon crate drop and zero health and utility. Using in game scheme editor I cleared all weapon crate chances. The in game result was random utility and health drops along with "worm select" weapon drops.

Melon
22 Nov 2007, 21:11
The power of the HHG does not increase over power 5. It's odd, but power 3 is the most it can be, any higher just acts like power 3. It's the only weapon that does this, unless you coun't the super weapons who's power you can't change at all.

Worm select is very odd. It was left out of the WA scheme options. Some people believe that it's a super weapon, but it isn't. But it's also not a standard weapon. I think Team17 only noticed it was missing shortly before the release, and as such permanently assigned it a crate chance of 0.5. What this means is that if you ask weapon crates to fall, but no other weapons will appear in crates, then every weapon will be a Worm Select. Some people thought for a while that assigning it a delay would stop it from falling whilst the delay was still active, but this isn't true either. There is absolutely no way to stop Worm Select from appearing in crates.

I don't understand the problems with the crate falls being wrong. Is this a Hosting Buddy specific thing? This page may interest you:
http://worms2d.info/Crate_Probability