PDA

View Full Version : Wormnet2 - Get banned ?

gravel22
16 Nov 2007, 03:22
Hi,

I bought the game on ebay this week and when i'm trying to go on wormnet I get this error :

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/gravel22/Forum/wa2007-11-1522-12-37-14.jpg

Please thanks for helping me.

Before I buy it i've try the game by downloading it and it did the same thing... But now I really buy it... I promise you I can take a photo with my camera, of the payment and of the items.

It's wrote on the cover : SOLD-OUT. I think it's a remake version of Worms.

I've also do the update 3.5 that came with the game in the Autoplay menu.

Thanks for helping. :-/

CyberShadow
16 Nov 2007, 05:00
You don't happen to know a certain fellow that goes around as TiCPU, do you? :)

I suggest you notify the webmaster (webmaster@team17.com). Telling him your IP would help.

AjC
16 Nov 2007, 05:07
did u try to use snoopers?

franpa
16 Nov 2007, 06:05
It's wrote on the cover : SOLD-OUT. I think it's a remake version of Worms.

I've also do the update 3.5 that came with the game in the Autoplay menu.

Thanks for helping. :-/

the Sold Out company redistributes the game, the 3.5 patch included is the last official patch and im 99% sure everyone recommends the latest beta 3.6.28.0 patch.

gravel22
17 Nov 2007, 04:50
Hi,

1 - I tried the last 3.6.28.0 patch. (Didn't work, get same error.)

2 - What is "Snooper" ?

3 - Cybershadow i'll contact rhe webmaster if I don't fix my problem here and what is "TiCPU".

Thanks for helping, waiting your answers.

CyberShadow
17 Nov 2007, 09:25
A snooper is a program that allows you to connect to WormNET and chat with people without launching W:A. There's a list here (http://worms2d.info/Software#WormNET_snoopers).

TiCPU was a person who hosted a WormNET bot under the same nickname. For a while it's been broken and the owner wasn't replying to communication attempts, so David the Team17 Webmaster banned it until contact would be reestablished. The ban reason you're getting sounds like the one that would be assigned to TiCPU's IP.

gravel22
19 Nov 2007, 23:08
Ive tried Official Snooper" But it didn't work, it's said : Connection Error !

And I also bought Worms 2 and Worms World Party...

WWP works online but I never try Worms 2 yet...

gravel22

CyberShadow
20 Nov 2007, 02:14
In case you didn't read the very first line of its wiki page, the Official Snooper is long since defunct.

volcane
20 Nov 2007, 15:51
There was a misconfiguration on the server causing a ban intended for one person mistakenly banning you too.

I've updated the server and you should be able to connect now.

Let me know if you still have problems by posting here.

gravel22
22 Nov 2007, 17:37
I give you the BIGGEST thank you ever !

Thanks for helping me.