PDA

View Full Version : in-game weapons menu problem

bmktdan
11 Nov 2007, 22:02
Operating System : Windows XP Professional 64 bit edition

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2GHz Socket 939

Motherboard: XC Cube motherboard UK482 (AOpen)

System Memory: 2 GB G. Skill 184 pin DDR 400

Video Card / Driver Revision / Resolution: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 / 6.14.0010.6648 / 1680x1050

Sound Card / Driver Revision: Realtek HD audio 7.1/ 5.10.0.5324

DirectX Revision: 9.0c

Nature of the problem
Weapons menu displays in game at bottom right corner of screen at right click, but when weapon is selected or right click is used again, the menu does not retreat off of the right side of the screen. Instead, the weapons menu oscillates back and forth, gradually working its way across the screen. Sometimes the window works it's way back to the right and can be recalled by clicking the right button, but will begin shifting again once weapon is selected. Other times the window will eventually disappear off of the left side of the screen. When this occurs, the menu is no longer visible, even if the screen is scrolled sideways. The mouse is still functional when right click is used, as the game automatically places the mouse in the weapons menu area, but I have to guess as to its location. Sometimes the menu will return to the screen from off of the left side, but I've played games where it has remained off of the side until the game concluded.

Steps to recreate
I am not conscious of any steps to recreate the problem. I played the game at 640x480 because it would crash at other resolutions until I installed the most recent patch (didn't try other versions). I played one game at 1280x960, and then put the resolution up to 1680x1050, my monitor's native resolution. I played a couple quick games, created a team, and played about 4 death match games before the problem started. Now it continues to be a problem in every game, even having tried lower resolutions, in the event that the settings change was the problem.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Melon
11 Nov 2007, 22:10
This is the midly amusing Dancing weapon menu bug (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33089)

No fix has been found yet. The updaters can't seem to find out the cause for it.

CyberShadow
12 Nov 2007, 01:14
If you have the time, we could try some things - but it could take a while and you having to try potentially many test builds for us to figure out the cause.