PDA

View Full Version : [GirderWar] - Another New Scheme

NoCtrl
7 Nov 2007, 18:29
I've been playing this scheme with a friend of mine for over a year now, and as we both think it's a rather tactical and chalenging one i thought some of you might be interested in giving it a try

The Map:

- empty, with automatically placed girders, destroyable terrain, and no borders.

The Teams:

This is best played 1 on 1, but it also works with up to 4 teams.
The number of worms is determined by the number of players to ensure that no player can be killed before he got his turn ;-)
I'd suggest the following:
1 on 1 : 3 worms per team
3 teams : 3-4 worms per team
4 teams : 4-5 worms per team

The Scheme:

- The scheme only provides you with close combat weapons, 1x kamikaze, chute, girders and some utilities (unlimited fastwalk, 2x low gravity, 1x invisibility), aswell as the "almost useless" mine-strike.

- The crates on the other hand contain more or less usefull weapons. "less" because they still won't give you "straight-aim-weapons" like the shotgun or zook, "more" because even a weak nade can be of great use in the hands of a professional.

Playing time:

- takes about 3 - 15 minutes. based on how well you play your card :-P

The Rules:

- There are none! You are free to block your opponent's and generally do everything to be the last worm standing.

Things to keep in mind:

- If you can't reach an opponent, try to block his next worm with girders, escape, or secure one of you own worms.

- When you are down to 1 worm and your enemy still has 2 worms left, don't forget that he has 1 kamikaze that is most likely to reach you. do whatever you must to stop him from using it (tele your worm to his last worm, build yourself a stronghold or find an angle he cannot aim to)

- The invisibility is extremely usefull! You can still prod his worms or build girders without losing it

- A high position + good wind can get you almost everywhere

- while minestrikes are useless most of the time, in some rare cases the are priceless

- It's all about tactics. sometimes it's better to escape then kill an enemy

I've attached the scheme file as well as a replay that might give you an example of how it works.

have fun

tellisk
7 Nov 2007, 21:04
looks very fun based on your replay.

Run
7 Nov 2007, 21:21
Sounds similar to a holy war but with a bit more variety thrown in, I'll try this out tonight since a worming party has recently formed

I shall return shortly with what best not be a scathing review and any less than 3 stars

WormZ
7 Nov 2007, 21:26
Sounds similar to a holy war but with a bit more variety thrown in, I'll try this out tonight since a worming party has recently formed

I shall return shortly with what best not be a scathing review and any less than 3 stars

a worming party? i don't like being involved with something that sounds so..... odd

DJ Gnu
10 Nov 2007, 16:32
Good job ther ;) A very fun scheme ;)

But i have a question! How did you choose the Mine Strike?