PDA

View Full Version : W:A Crash In Terrain Editor

Plainplane
2 Nov 2007, 23:32
I just encountered a strange crash.

I went to import a custom terrain (for regular 2 player mode). First, the game froze and the colors changed weirdly. Then it crashed to desktop, referring me to this text file that I have attached.

I have also noticed that all of the boxes flash in order in the team editor.

Is there any solution for this?

Plainplane :)

franpa
2 Nov 2007, 23:35
the anti flicker frontend tweak resolves the flicker with the buttons... (whudda thunk it?)

CyberShadow
3 Nov 2007, 10:17
What map is currently loaded in the level editor?
You can use this program to extract it (http://worms2d.info/Map_Theif).

After that, check if the crash goes away when you generate a new level.

Plainplane
3 Nov 2007, 13:01
the anti flicker frontend tweak resolves the flicker with the buttons... (whudda thunk it?)How do I activate it?

What map is currently loaded in the level editor?
You can use this program to extract it (http://worms2d.info/Map_Theif).

After that, check if the crash goes away when you generate a new level.It had one of those default island maps loaded, then I clicked the import button to select the first color map (above the three logos, can't remember the name).

By the way - all of my port fowarding settings are correct, but I can't host for some reason. I was able to host a few months ago, I posted a topic in WWP a while back but I still can't host. Could this be caused by having the same port fowarding settings set for each and every computer on the network?

CyberShadow
3 Nov 2007, 15:39
How do I activate it?

The ReadMe is quite enlightening in many issues. It even describes the flicker issue in the first place.

Check your tweaks folder.

It had one of those default island maps loaded, then I clicked the import button to select the first color map (above the three logos, can't remember the name).

Please export it.

By the way - all of my port fowarding settings are correct, but I can't host for some reason. I was able to host a few months ago, I posted a topic in WWP a while back but I still can't host. Could this be caused by having the same port fowarding settings set for each and every computer on the network?

Um...

You can't forward one port to more than one computer.

It's like trying to send the same physical letter to more than one person.

Plainplane
3 Nov 2007, 16:17
How do I import the SlowFrontendWorkaround_AntiFlicker.reg tweak into the registry?

It appears that the problem only occurs when I try to generate the one map - every other map generates correctly. When I go on the Worms computer I will tell you which one.

I will fix my port fowarding settings.

Muzer
3 Nov 2007, 18:14
Double-click it :)

Plainplane
3 Nov 2007, 18:19
Double-click it :)Oh lol!:o

Plainplane
4 Nov 2007, 02:08
The problem map was "Boats" in the "Import" menu (with the pirate ships), but it is working fine now.

That map now loads properly, there is no more menu flicker, and I hosted a game with a color map.

Thanks for allowing me to play this wonderful game to its full potential. :D

franpa
4 Nov 2007, 04:35
so the problem disappeared as soon as you used the anti flicker tweak?

Plainplane
4 Nov 2007, 14:12
I guess so...