PDA

View Full Version : [Problem] XP SP2: WA crashes when i try to run it

Th3_uN1Qu3
31 Oct 2007, 02:26
Hi there, nice to see there's still work going on at this great game. My first contact with it was when i was like 8 years old. A friend came over and installed WA on my computer, and i have loved the Worms series ever since.

I remembered about WA these days, and installed it on my lappy. It doesn't have an optical drive, so i imaged the CD on my computer using Alcohol 120% and then i transferred the image to my lappy via LAN. I used Alcohol 120% to mount it as well. The autorun wouldn't work, so i just started the InstallShield Wizard directly. It installed fine, and i then patched it with the latest beta update (v 3.6.28.0).

When i try to run WA, the screen flickers a few times, and then i get a "Fatal Error" message and the game closes. :confused:

Lappy specs:

Toshiba Portege 4000
ALi chipset
PIII Mobile @ 750MHz
2x 256MB SDRAM
Trident CyberBlade XP 16MB shared video (buggy, buggy, buggy drivers!!!)
ALi Audio Accelerator onboard sound
IBM 30GB HDD

The /nointro switch has no effect for me. Yes, i do have UltraVNC on this lappy, but it's the latest beta version and it doesn't have the video hook driver installed.

ERRORLOG.TXT uploaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9ytlcmzdb9p

Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

CyberShadow
31 Oct 2007, 08:23
Salut,

Could you try 3.6.26.5? It's possible we may have broken something regarding Trident video cards compatibility. There's an update archive here (http://worms2d.info/Beta_updates_(Worms_Armageddon)).

There are also some registry setting tweaks (.reg files) in the Tweaks subfolder. Try the SlowFrontendWorkaround_* files.

Let us know about the results.

Th3_uN1Qu3
31 Oct 2007, 11:13
CyberShadow, you're the man!!! :D I tried the tweaks first, and after i imported "SlowFrontendWorkaround_On.reg" the game runs with no issues at all.

Thanks, now me and a couple classmates will have some really nice matches at school, we were kinda bored of Pocket Tanks. :p

Later edit: I also played a couple games on WormNet, everything works fine. Thanks again! :cool: