PDA

View Full Version : Registering Nickname With Soldout Version

Matty_D
29 Oct 2007, 12:34
I want to play worms armageddon and go up in rank, I'll Quote what the Manual Says " REGISTRATION worms armageddon requires all players register your details prior to playing for the first time, this only takes a short time and allows the system to authenticate your copy of Worms Armageddon, which will happen every time you log onto a Worms Armageddon server. PERSONAL DETAIL These details are used for verification in case of a problem as well as supplying us with contact information for competitions etc. " Now When i installed the game i wasn't prompted to register my details pryor to playing for the first time. Is this because i own the sold out version of the game i just brought it and i really wanna have a registerd name so i can go up in rank can anyone helpe

Evil Bunny
29 Oct 2007, 12:54
Wormnet ranking was taken out since before I started playing W:A online, which if I remember right was at least 7 years ago.

Melon
29 Oct 2007, 13:07
To play online just slap in a name. You don't even need a password. There's no secure ranking anymore.

Everybody now just shows up as a bronze medal. If they don't, then they're using the same hacks that got the ranking system removed in the first place.

BigBilly
29 Oct 2007, 15:03
By the way.
Why they took the rank system out? Was there a special reason?

Plasma
29 Oct 2007, 15:15
By the way.
Here's a little tip:
Everybody now just shows up as a bronze medal. If they don't, then they're using the same hacks that got the ranking system removed in the first place.

Evil Bunny
29 Oct 2007, 16:01
By the way.

From what I've heard, it was easy to hack the ranking sys.

bonz
29 Oct 2007, 17:23
The online ranking got disabled circa in Summer 2000, about a year after the game's release.

It won't come back until Deadcode and CyberShadow have implemented a secure ranking system, based on the new replay feature.

Check out this thread and reply to it:
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3617
The plan is, that everyone who replied will get an e-mail notice in advance to (re-)register their desired nickname before the ranking system is available again.

Evil Bunny
1 Nov 2007, 13:07
The online ranking got disabled circa in Summer 2000, about a year after the game's release.

Yeah, coming to think of it I seem to remember missing that event by a few months.

Plutonic
1 Nov 2007, 21:52
:( I miss rankings :(

Evil Bunny
2 Nov 2007, 07:54
*Big hug for plut* :P

bonz
3 Nov 2007, 20:02
:( I miss rankings :(
Shake your coconuts!

Johnny_B
5 Nov 2007, 12:30
Use Worms Armageddon Ranker, guys (WAR):
1. Register your nick name on this link: http://stars-team.org.ru/war/
2. Download a program from here: http://stars-team.org.ru/war/war.rar
3. Start it from WA directory, log in and hf.)
It's not the same, but it's still better than nothing. -_-