PDA

View Full Version : Missing weapon(s) when playing online.

Spade777
24 Oct 2007, 15:54
I tried searching to see if this had happened to anyone else but I wasn't sure exactly what to search for, and didn't find anything. But anyway I've been hosting games to play with friends for a couple weeks now and everything has been fine as far as weapons go. However, I recently went into the Weapon Options menu before launching the game and tinkered around with a few things (such as superweapons), and now some of the "normal" weapons/abilities are missing from my selection window in-game.

I'm now missing the Jetpack, Low Gravity, and the attack where your worm explodes into a puff of noxious gas (not sure what it's called).

I have searched through the menus and cannot find where these weapons can be turned back on like before. I did look in the Cheats menu and found the Jetpack and Low Gravity options, but when I turn those on (by giving 1 ammo each) it only lasts for my next game - after that I have to go into the Cheats menu each time and reactivate those two abilities. I haven't been able to locate the explode-gas attack anywhere at all.

I'm not sure how I turned these things off, and I'm completely lost as to how to get them back (especially the explode-gas, since I can't find it anywhere). Anybody have any ideas? Remember these are games I'm hosting myself, so I know there aren't any specific rules/restrictions placed by someone else.

franpa
24 Oct 2007, 16:42
if you didnt unlock them by completing missions, then they would be turned off during saving. go into the games options and edit the scheme from there and SAVE it if you dont want to keep adjusting the scheme.

SgtFusion
24 Oct 2007, 17:48
the attack where your worm explodes into a puff of noxious gas (not sure what it's called).
That's the Suicide Bomber. By the way, are you saving the scheme each time you change the settings?

KRD
25 Oct 2007, 12:32
Because you haven't yet unlocked all of the utilities and weapons by getting gold medals on all the trainings, completing all the missions and reaching the Elite rank in Deathmatch, some settings aren't available to you. This means that the custom schemes you make [whether you save them or not] won't include them, although the standard schemes that come with the game will; Intermediate being the standard and most played one.

If you want to use the secret weapons and utilities in your custom schemes, you'll have to unlock them first, create a scheme that includes them and either save it or just keep it for the one game. Another option is to download other people's schemes that include them already from the internet, although I would suggest doing the first; it isn't more than a couple days' work.

I don't know whether what Franpa said is technically wrong or not this time around, but it sure confused me. Isn't it a little misleading to recommend saving the scheme as a solution to some options not getting saved?

franpa
25 Oct 2007, 13:44
I don't know whether what Franpa said is technically wrong or not this time around, but it sure confused me. Isn't it a little misleading to recommend saving the scheme as a solution to some options not getting saved?

i believe that the scheme contains X amount of stuff, and he changes it prior to starting a game and not via the games "options" thus he did not save the scheme after making changes to it.

Run
25 Oct 2007, 15:44
Because you haven't yet unlocked all of the utilities and weapons by getting gold medals on all the trainings, completing all the missions and reaching the Elite rank in Deathmatch, some settings aren't available to you. This means that the custom schemes you make [whether you save them or not] won't include them, although the standard schemes that come with the game will; Intermediate being the standard and most played one.

If you want to use the secret weapons and utilities in your custom schemes, you'll have to unlock them first, create a scheme that includes them and either save it or just keep it for the one game. Another option is to download other people's schemes that include them already from the internet, although I would suggest doing the first; it isn't more than a couple days' work.

Seeing as he's able to "tinker around with the superweapons" i suspect he already has the full wormage.