PDA

View Full Version : wormnet connection problems

TITCO
23 Oct 2007, 20:35
Hi, wonder if anyone can quickly help me. My mate is trying to get onto wormnet and keeps getting 'fatal error getting gameserver connection'. In the wormnet configuration settings, when he selects 'test network' he isn't getting anything next to local IP address? (It displays my IP address on my machine, I have checked). He has entered his IP address in the player information box. If he runs ipconfig from a command window, he does have an IP address. Any ideas what this could be please?. Thanks in advance.

TITCO
23 Oct 2007, 20:39
by the way, he's not behind a router and has enabled wa in his firewall (XP SP2), he is using an ntl virgin broadband cable modem.

yakuza
23 Oct 2007, 20:42
He shouldn't get anything in the IP box, unless he wants to force an IP.
Tell him to download the latest beta if he didn't do that already, might solve the problem.

TITCO
23 Oct 2007, 20:46
did that already, he's on 3.6.28.0. His internet connection is fine also. I have an IP that gets displayed when I click test network, and my force IP is unchecked?. I'm on vista however, if that makes a difference.

TITCO
23 Oct 2007, 20:48
does he have to set his IP address manually in the IP address field in the player information section?. I looked on my machine and my IP was in mine which is why i told him to do that. It fails either way whether he puts in his IP address or not.

yakuza
23 Oct 2007, 20:54
Like I said, he doens't need to put his IP there (that should only affect hosting games AFAIK), the fact that you have yours without the "force ip" square checks also means that it's not affecting anything at all, since it's just written in a blank without the option checked. I guess it has to do with the ports, I don't know what ports need to be opened to access wormnet, you can search for that or wait for someone else to answer.

TITCO
23 Oct 2007, 21:17
ok, thanks. I think it may be his firewall, as it is throwing an error straight away. Does anyone have experience with using PC Guard with ntl/virgin broadband because I think it may be that?.

CyberShadow
23 Oct 2007, 21:28
Check for any options regarding IRC or blocking IRC (it might be under an IM section).

TITCO
24 Oct 2007, 22:56
thanks guys, i fixed this. It just had to be let through the PCGuard firewall.