PDA

View Full Version : double damage after teleport

eddy2000
18 Oct 2007, 23:20
uč....
is normal this event?...
when i get the crate double damage with teleport and end turn , after in next turn i have the double damege ready to use
cya...

CyberShadow
19 Oct 2007, 00:03
If you lose control of your worm before you pick up an instant-action utility crate, the effect is activated the next turn.

bonz
19 Oct 2007, 09:05
If you lose control of your worm before you pick up an instant-action utility crate, the effect is activated the next turn.
You lose control when using the teleport?
I thought you have 1/50 of a second to move afterwards.

CyberShadow
19 Oct 2007, 12:09
You lose control when using the teleport?Where did I say that?

franpa
19 Oct 2007, 12:18
thats retreat time bonz.

bonz
19 Oct 2007, 12:56
Yes.
But how can you lose control of your worm after teleporting AND pick up an instant utility?
Am I missing something?

franpa
19 Oct 2007, 13:05
obviously what was meant was that upon collecting such a item during retreat wont take effect till next go.

bonz
19 Oct 2007, 13:36
obviously what was meant was that upon collecting such a item during retreat wont take effect till next go.
Well, CS stated that it'll take effect in the next go if you lose control before collecting the utility.
I'm just wondering how you can lose control and then collect the crate.
Normally worms that have lost control, don't do that. They can even sit on top of crates until moved by the player in the next turn.

Also, after you teleported, you could still trigger mines and oil barrels that could be affected if the damage*2 is immediately activated.

Muzer
19 Oct 2007, 20:43
Have you ever played the invisible wall mission in WWP?

bonz
20 Oct 2007, 19:28
Have you ever played the invisible wall mission in WWP?
Yes.
I gave up after a few minutes.

yakuza
20 Oct 2007, 19:54
bonz, if you teleport above the crate, the worm loses control before hitting the ground but it will still collect the crate, although I think this wasn't the case in early betas, were the worm would "boink" on the crate and stay on it.

franpa
21 Oct 2007, 03:37
i believe the 1/50th retreat time is only for placing worms at the start of a round with manual worm placement turned on. teleporting during a game results in no free time after teleporting.

MrBunsy
21 Oct 2007, 08:18
i believe the 1/50th retreat time is only for placing worms at the start of a round with manual worm placement turned on.It's not.

yakuza
21 Oct 2007, 11:26
i believe the 1/50th retreat time is only for placing worms at the start of a round with manual worm placement turned on. teleporting during a game results in no free time after teleporting.

Depends if you know what you're doing or not. Either way you think wrong.