PDA

View Full Version : Game problems - I want to play and replay!

Newnight
16 Oct 2007, 17:20
Hello!! First post in T17 Forum :cool:
And two problems (too much for a post, huh?).

I will quote my e-mail from aaaaaggggghhhhh@hotmail.com, the helper =)
To: aaaaaggggghhhhh@hotmail.com
Subject: wahelp... need help...
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:57:49 +0000

Well I have lots at bugs in my worms, so I'll try to be direct.

1) High priority BUG

It's the 6º or 7º instalation of W:A in my PC. When I try to enter in a host (wormnet), or host myself, entering in the room (who displays the people in etc), the game get a problem and says to go to errorlog.txt . Then I have to restart worms.

2) Medium priority BUG (HARD)

I'm having problem with the .WAgame extension. I can see the full replay, but I can't take the map/scheme/replay to other files. The windows says the file don't have program, then i find wa game, select it, but it don't go to the list. When appears, it don't 'fix'. The registry is bug (the key can't be openned).

Help if possible...
MSN: zero.newnight@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

Then the reply.

Sorry for the late reply, I er, well i forgot.

Anyway, that seems like a strange point to crash (1), and I've not heard of that particular crash before so the only advice i can really offer is that you post up on the Team17 forum... CS might be able to use your errorlog to solve it (compress it into a .zip and upload it with your post)

Same for (2) really, since i haven't heard that problem before either. You sure your copy of the game is legit? Most new problems turn out to be from pirated versions.

Sorry i can't help more!

-Run

1) The game crashes when i enter in a online room (my or not). I can enter in the channels, but i can't enter in any room. PS: W:A legit, but running in DAEMON Tools because the old CD go to trash =/
ERRORLOG.TXT.zip - errorlog

2) I can't room the replay of the game (or take schemes/maps/replays). I have 727 files .WAgame to make some replays. Warms, BnGs, T17s, WxWs, Ropers, Shoppers, everything. The sys don't look at the .WAgame like a extension, but nothing. See the pics (http://imagens.webtuga.com/images/366891pic1.JPG / http://imagens.webtuga.com/images/909200pic2.JPG / http://imagens.webtuga.com/images/456930pic3.JPG) and ERRORLOG.TXT2.zip, Pics to the pics from my windows and ERRORLOG from the result when take the worms on the list.

HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!! :-/

Obs; I note i forgot to put. I can play offline without any problems.

CyberShadow
16 Oct 2007, 21:11
I believe both of the crashes that caused the error logs you attached were fixed since the release of the last Beta. Deadcode is looking into fixing the registry problem, so I'd recommend to just sit tight and wait for the next Beta :)

Deadcode
16 Oct 2007, 22:32
In the meantime, you can play back your replays by going Start->Run and typing something like this:
"C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /play "C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\User\Games\name_of_replay.WAgame"

Newnight
18 Oct 2007, 17:22
I can play the replay of the worms, but i cannot take the schemes/maps/replays. But, huh, strange... I'm using the last release. I'll try to fix the first problem for myself......

Huh, I still cannot fix the problem... strange...

Bawb
18 Oct 2007, 17:25
What do you mean by taking the schemes/maps/replays?

Newnight
18 Oct 2007, 17:35
I mean extract the scheme/map. Go to User/Games, right click and you'll find the files to take the maps/schemes from played matchs.*.WAgame.

1 more note! Obs: It is when I install the new updates (3.6.26.5 and then 3.6.28) It gives me the problem. Both of the updates crash. So I will start to pray... lol.

Obs / Edit : Oops, Sorry. Updates xD

CyberShadow
18 Oct 2007, 21:39
Please be more specific about the errors you get when you're trying to extract the maps/schemes or trying to install the updates. You do not need to install 3.6.26.5 before installing 3.6.28.0 - infact, if you have an Internet connection, you don't need to manually installing anything before installing 3.6.28.0.

Newnight
19 Oct 2007, 15:59
I CAN'T EXTRACT THEM. The windows isn't recognizing the .WAgame extension. It gives that message "The windows can't open this file:" etc... (If i double click on the file).
In fact, I try to install 3.6.26.5 first and try to enter in a room (wormnet and network), but windows close worms. Then, I try with 3.6.28.0, and worms close the game. Both updates is giving me the same problem. Anyway, the windows can't open any played game, cuz he don't recognize. Thus I cannot play any game online, rooms now close my WA. I want to play =(

CyberShadow
19 Oct 2007, 22:00
Like I said previously, the problems you mentioned have been fixed or are being looked at. Just wait for the next Beta.

Newnight
20 Oct 2007, 15:04
Ok... I'll be waiting...
PS: Any date for new beta launch?

SgtFusion
21 Oct 2007, 02:14
Probably not for at least another year (or possibly longer), unless they release a 3.6.28.1 to fix some more bugs.

CyberShadow
21 Oct 2007, 13:07
Umm... no.
The next Beta will be 3.6.29.0 and should be released within a few weeks or sooner.
SgtFusion is talking about 4.0.