PDA

View Full Version : Game Problem

zang-zag
10 Oct 2007, 21:48
I am playing this game on windows XP by the way. but heres my problem: after i set the team landscape and weapon set i want to use and them i start the game, well i get a big black screen and after an hour of waiting the game still didn't load. Please help

Muzer
10 Oct 2007, 22:02
Have you updated to the latest version (3.6.28.0), from http://wa.team17.com ?

zang-zag
10 Oct 2007, 22:11
nope maybe thats the problem

Muzer
10 Oct 2007, 22:27
Probably is. You should do so now. Just click enter then on the first page under the update heading (NOT patch) is the download. Just download and run that and you're good to go.

The site is in my previous post.

zang-zag
10 Oct 2007, 23:00
ok so i download the Update and not the Patch

EDIT: i download the Update but it still does not work the problem starts right after it says " please wait.... working."

also i am using the Sold Out version

franpa
11 Oct 2007, 05:02
so, you reinstalled the game then applied the update? if you have the sold out copy and apply the 3.00 patch then you'll have severe problems because the sold out version is already v3.00

Muzer
11 Oct 2007, 07:18
He said he applied the update, not the patch.

Try updating your graphics card's drivers. Some cards, especially new ones, have problems with certain technologies WA uses. The only way to get them to work is to update their drivers.

franpa
11 Oct 2007, 07:28
he didnt say he reinstalled tho :P i thought installing the patch over a pre-updated copy of the game then applying the beta update was bad.

CyberShadow
11 Oct 2007, 09:15
Do you see the loading "pie"?
Do you hear the loading "ticks" or anything in-game?

zang-zag
11 Oct 2007, 23:14
i didnt see any pie or hear any ticks like in Worms World Party

zang-zag
13 Oct 2007, 17:47
i still need help :(

CyberShadow
13 Oct 2007, 18:25
Thanks for reminding me.

Please install WormKit and the attached module. Start the game (via WormKit) to the point where it freezes, and wait 5 minutes. The game should automatically close and a FREEZE.DMP file should appear in your W:A folder - please compress and post it here.

zang-zag
14 Oct 2007, 00:48
hmm it didnt work

CyberShadow
14 Oct 2007, 01:36
Please read the WormKit installation instructions carefully. You are to unpack the contents of the .zip file attached to my previous post to the same folder where you installed W:A and WormKit. Also make sure to start the game via WormKit.exe and wait at least 5 minutes (300 seconds) after you started the game.

In case you get an error such as: "This application has failed to start because dbghelp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." or "The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll." download this file (http://thecybershadow.net/dump/30ebf6fcaf26e92356297ee74a3b18c6/dbghelp.zip) and unpack it to your W:A folder.

franpa
14 Oct 2007, 04:48
i doubt it would help cybershadow, it sounds like his pc deadlocks it self.

CyberShadow
14 Oct 2007, 12:05
zang-zag: if that "doesn't work" as well, please be more specific about what doesn't work. If the PC remains "frozen" after 5 minutes have passed, it's likely a driver or hardware problem. Try updating your drivers and OS (using Windows Update).

franpa: that doesn't mean I shouldn't try, does it?

zang-zag
14 Oct 2007, 16:49
i know it is not a CD problem but, a problem with my PC

yes it remains frozen after five minutes

EdIT: i re-installed worms Armageddon and installed the update again and now it works!!!!!

Thank-you everyone for your help i appreciate it

franpa
15 Oct 2007, 00:28
so, you reinstalled the game then applied the update? if you have the sold out copy and apply the 3.00 patch then you'll have severe problems because the sold out version is already v3.00

so i was correct at some point? oh and sorry for my jab at you cybershadow.

zang-zag
15 Oct 2007, 01:56
i think.. but i never downloaded the patch