PDA

View Full Version : Any good weapon editor for WA?

Pokkai
8 Oct 2007, 01:34
Hi, I've noticed that there aren't that many utilities available for WA. I'm wondering if there is a program which lets you edit every weapon. In Worms 2, it's very flexible. You could adjust how strong the weapon is and the impact and angles. I want to blow worms up and make them fall off the map in one shot.

franpa
8 Oct 2007, 01:41
search these forums for "schemeeddy 2" without the quotes.

Run
8 Oct 2007, 10:27
or.... http://worms2d.info/Software

robowurmz
8 Oct 2007, 17:16
More simply put, if you want to edit the weapons in every single aspect, try searching for
"The Fiddler 4.1".
You need W:A installed at version 3.0 for it to work though, but it is awesome. You can make stuff like Holy Hand Grenade Strikes that home in on Mines.

MadEwokHerd
8 Oct 2007, 23:15
You can make stuff like Holy Hand Grenade Strikes that home in on Mines.

While it might be possible to make things that are "like" that, it's not possible to make that. You still have to work within the limitations of the WA engine.

Pokkai
9 Oct 2007, 04:03
thanks guys. I tried to run the fiddler and followed all the instructions carefully. However when ever I play a game, it just sits at the loading black loading screen. Is there any way to fix this? O yea, after I updated to the newest version, the other editors stopped working. I set the bazooka power to 256 and then it would just disappear. What's even more funny is that when I firepunch someone, they would just stay there without even moving.

franpa
9 Oct 2007, 08:30
max power setting officialy suported for most weapons is 15.

robowurmz
9 Oct 2007, 16:53
While it might be possible to make things that are "like" that, it's not possible to make that. You still have to work within the limitations of the WA engine.

Well, it IS possible to make that. I've done it.

It's also possible to create Airstrikes of Concrete Donkeys, Meteor Cannons, Worm Grenades, and pretty much anything else. I made a sticky grenade once, I just put the friction way high.

MadEwokHerd
9 Oct 2007, 23:09
You may have made something "like" that, but you didn't make that. There's no "home in on mines" action. If you home, you must home on the point where the player clicked. Also, the HHG needs to bounce to work properly; you can't home and bounce simultaneously.

franpa
10 Oct 2007, 01:06
set friction really high and it no longer bounces?

robowurmz
10 Oct 2007, 07:45
You may have made something "like" that, but you didn't make that. There's no "home in on mines" action. If you home, you must home on the point where the player clicked. Also, the HHG needs to bounce to work properly; you can't home and bounce simultaneously.

The homing in on mines was accomplished by only having the HHG's explode when in the vicinity of a mine. So, you'd let off an airstrike, the HHGs would bounce all over the place, and blow up on mines, giving the effect that they were homing in.

MadEwokHerd
10 Oct 2007, 12:47
That's not like homing at all. :rolleyes:

Run
10 Oct 2007, 14:00
So it turns out that MEH was right afterall:

You may have made something "like" that, but you didn't make that.