PDA

View Full Version : Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed

SuperBlob
7 Oct 2007, 21:13
That is the error I get when trying to install W:A (again). Any help?
I've tried doing the thing with the PIO transfer mode, and that didn't work. It's not my computer, as nothing's been changed. Any ideas? Have I just buggered the CD?

CyberShadow
7 Oct 2007, 22:05
Well... that certainly is funny...

Read/WriteProcessMemory are functions that are used to read/write from other processes' memory.

Is it possible that it's the effect of some virus or malware?

You could also try this alternative installer (http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/installguide-autoinstaller.php).

SuperBlob
7 Oct 2007, 22:28
*tries alt. installer*

*fails and print screens*

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1971/errorhd5.png

I'm extracting to E because it's an external hard drive btw

MadEwokHerd
7 Oct 2007, 23:13
*looks up error 23*

"Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

So it can't read the cd. This is bad.

CyberShadow
7 Oct 2007, 23:54
Wasn't there something about not being able to install to a path containing spaces?

franpa
8 Oct 2007, 01:37
not for Worms Armageddon iirc.

i installed my copy to E:\Worms Armageddon\
and thats just a separate partition on my hdd.

MadEwokHerd
8 Oct 2007, 05:10
Wasn't there something about not being able to install to a path containing spaces?

Yes, but that problem doesn't show up until the beta update.

SuperBlob
8 Oct 2007, 18:58
*looks up error 23*

"Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

So it can't read the cd. This is bad.

So...I need a new CD?

MadEwokHerd
9 Oct 2007, 00:20
I don't know. You can try copying it (this solved some installation problems for me when I first installed WA), and I think a broken cd drive will produce the same sort of error. If you can't install from a copy (or you can't make one), and your cd drive otherwise works properly, I'd say you need a new cd.

Muzer
9 Oct 2007, 17:37
Yeah, because copying programs often include a far more advanced form of error correcting than most other programs.