PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Hosting (too many worms? lost custom level settings?)

smx
3 Oct 2007, 10:10
Hi,

(sorry for my bad english...)

First, I have made a clean installation of Worms Armageddon, and applied the newest patch 3.6.28.0_beta.

When I host a game (LAN/Network TCP/IP), and when these conditions are met:

* Use of a "standard" Worms level, not custom or random (ex. Books, Desert...).
* 4 teams with full worms each (8 worms).

When all the lights are on, and I begin the game, suddently 1-2 players are disconnected (message in Italian: "Parametro non corretto", in English I think "Incorrect parameter") and the level begin without the custom settings I have made (energy, ammo, ...).

Why I say this? Because I want always to have worms placed randomly, but when the problem happen, I must place each worms (but the settings are correct).

I think this is a bug, I have tried many times but always the same result. For network/multiplayer I cannot use so many worms? What are the maximum number allowed?

When I use a random generated level, the game works flawless. When I use many teams, but with less worms (ex. 3-4) the game works.

Thanks for any response!

CyberShadow
3 Oct 2007, 17:05
That sounds like a bug with the new extended maximum worm count feature.

Deadcode
5 Oct 2007, 03:32
When all the lights are on, and I begin the game, suddently 1-2 players are disconnected (message in Italian: "Parametro non corretto", in English I think "Incorrect parameter") and the level begin without the custom settings I have made (energy, ammo, ...).This is definitely a bug, but I cannot reproduce it. Can you give me a screenshot of the "Parametro non corretto" error, so I can have some idea where it's coming from? Does this bug only happen with 4 players? Does it ever happen with 2 players?

Why I say this? Because I want always to have worms placed randomly, but when the problem happen, I must place each worms (but the settings are correct).This is not a bug; it's by design. The worm/oildrum/mine autoplacement algorithm is incapable of placing a large number of worms in most of the intrinsic maps (Books, Cars, etc.) and the manual placement is there as a temporary fallback, until I implement a new, more flexible autoplacement algorithm.

I think this is a bug, I have tried many times but always the same result. For network/multiplayer I cannot use so many worms? What are the maximum number allowed?Some maps will require that you open them in the Map Editor and increase the number of Holes (see the Readme). However, intrinsic maps cannot be edited in this way, and some of them won't allow more than 18 worms.

smx
5 Oct 2007, 10:56
Thank you very much for the answer!

I try to post a screenshot today.

Edit: sorry, I cannot post any image today...

But the message appears in this sequence (I use always 4 teams, with 2 teams I had no problem):

1. All the people "set" the light.
2. The "admin" start the game.
3. Immediately, the message appears (the screen doesn't go blank, the screen stay to the host "menu" (with the light on).