PDA

View Full Version : Hosting problem!

Chicken23
1 Oct 2007, 13:12
For about a week now I can't post. Ive opened my ports and was putting in my ip address and everything was fine. Then last week i had some problems with my net when the wireless was being slow so i turned off my router and back on again. I know this resets the ip so i got the new one and put it back into the wa config but still can't host.
Ive tried right clicking on my wireless icon on disktop and repairing and that still doesnt fix it, just gives me a different ip. Also when i go to the ip sites it says im from london when before it was telling me im from milton_keynes (which is true). So the location on the ip has gone tits up aswell. Im abit of a noob when it comes to all these computer type things! :P

CyberShadow
1 Oct 2007, 14:42
You probably have DHCP enabled. If it is so, set your computer to use a static IP address (instead of "auto-assign" one), then forward the ports to that IP.

Chicken23
1 Oct 2007, 14:45
Is there an FAQ which can show me how to do that?

Cheese
1 Oct 2007, 16:31
Here is one (http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm)

Chicken23
21 Oct 2007, 21:46
Im still having problems.. I tried the static ip and set it to 1.4 as that was the ip i forwarded my ports to in the past. However my ip has changed to 1.2 at the end.

So i decided to forward my ports to 1.2 and not 1.4 as that should allow me to host without using the static ip? I did this and deleted the old 1.4 port forward settings.

So at the point i should be able to host as same as before the router reset but i cant. I had a look at my firewalls and used the expections for worms armaggedon as the wahelp faq suggests. I still cant host. I have 3 icons in my network connections. The local network, wireless internet and before that a internet connection, i had a look at the firewall settings in there and saw it had allow user access for my bit torrent programs, msn and what not but no w:a. I added worms armaggedon and put the tcp ports to 17011. Is this correct??? I can give screenshots of what this looks like if needed.. However i still cant host..

Im lost for ideas now. :(

CyberShadow
21 Oct 2007, 22:02
It's a bit confusing. You have a local and wireless connection - through which do you connect to the Internet then? And what's the purpose of the other?

Mts
31 Oct 2007, 10:57
verify if our Firewall enable Worms.....