PDA

View Full Version : My decision whether or not to upgrade to Vista depends on a bunch of worms.

ngg
30 Sep 2007, 19:55
Hello,

I wasn't going to upgrade to Vista because of complaints I heard about programs not even running on it, but I believe enough time has passed now, that all my programs--the big-name ones, anyway--won't have a problem with it. It just depends on Worms Armageddon (latest beta patch) and Worms 4 Mayhem.

Do these games work in Vista? I need to continue to be capable of hosting on Wormnet, and, of course, not have any other serious issues that I may not have thought would happen. Please only answer if you know for sure. I'd like to not upgrade and then have to downgrade. And I would downgrade, if the worms command me so.

(And I mainly need this computer to excel at 3ds max, 3-D rendering, etc., so if Vista would leave me worse off in those areas for whatever reason, I would appreciate it if you would let me know, though that's an entirely different subject.)

In case it matters, here are some system specs. Let me know if you need anymore info to help me out. Much obliged.

Dual Intel Xeon 3.06 GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB storage, XP Pro, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, DirectX 9.0c.

Muzer
30 Sep 2007, 21:43
WA: For WA-VISTA compatibility it seems to largely be graphics card drivers that are the problem. Your graphics card seems to be compatible, though I'm not sure and you'd better wait for someone with that card to confirm. Remember to try the run as admin/run in compatibility options.

W4M: It seems to largely work with most PCs. Again, use the admin and compatibility modes above. Also if you have the codemasters version download the latest starforce software from their site else CD verification may fail.

Plasma
30 Sep 2007, 21:48
Generally speaking, your worms games should be compatible.

DragonQ
1 Oct 2007, 00:36
Dual boot?

Emanuel556
3 Oct 2007, 05:44
Dual Intel Xeon 3.06 GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB storage, XP Pro, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, DirectX 9.0c.

HOLY SH**!! LOOK AT THAT COMPUTER!!

MrBunsy
3 Oct 2007, 17:25
0.o I fail to see what's so amazing?