PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Problem

twistah
28 Sep 2007, 11:11
I had no problems with hosting before, then the other day I wanted to host a game and this message appeared after clicking the "Host" button: Host-Funktion nicht möglich (Hosting not possible) or something like that in English. So.. I can't even open my host.. I got this problem for weeks now. Help, please.

SilPho
28 Sep 2007, 20:33
That does seem a little odd that it would stop you from hosting without crashing... if I remember correctly even a computer not connected to anything should be able to try hosting a game without an error popping up.

Have you recently installed any new hardware at all? Any new software? Driver updates?

You could try doing a system restore to when everything was working fine or try reinstalling worms from scratch. (Ensuring you're up to date with 3.6.28.0)

twistah
29 Sep 2007, 14:11
Indeed.

Nope, haven't installed any of these. I just couldn't host no more the other day..

CyberShadow
29 Sep 2007, 14:34
Is your "Force IP" checkbox in the network options dialog checked?
The game will show this message if you force your IP setting to an invalid one.

twistah
29 Sep 2007, 15:07
It's checked, ye, but I got no IP stated above.

I use IP_Whacker, btw.

twistah
29 Sep 2007, 15:43
K, I unchecked it and can host, again, but.. I gotta uncheck it every time I start W:A.. >;x

SilPho
29 Sep 2007, 18:48
You could put in your IP address in to the box above, then you won't need to uncheck it every time because it will just force your normal IP.

franpa
29 Sep 2007, 23:59
http://whatismyip.org

this will give you the correct IP to put in the box.

twistah
30 Sep 2007, 13:12
Lol.. as if I don't know that..

I use IP_Whacker as posted above.. so.. I don't need to put any IP in the box manually..

CyberShadow
30 Sep 2007, 23:47
Try running the game as an administrator and then unchecking the "Force IP" checkbox.

twistah
1 Oct 2007, 16:00
I'm always on my PC as an administrator.

Wormetti
1 Oct 2007, 16:29
Is there any reason to use IP_Whacker now? I thought the latest WA patch gets your IP from the WormNet server. IP Whacker checks that box each time and I think it fails to get the IP from whatismyip.com since they changed their website. You should change your shortcut back to wa.exe or a better launcher.

CyberShadow
1 Oct 2007, 16:58
Yes, such programs are obsolete now. Unchecking "Force IP" should work in 99.99% cases (probably more). And thumbs down to IP Whacker for not failing gracefully.

Wormetti
1 Oct 2007, 18:04
Thumbs down to WA for not allowing you to host if you enter a blank IP address and check force IP. It should not allow you to check the box or just uncheck it if the IP is blank. Force IP option is really only needed now if you want WA to use a LAN or localhost IP for testing purposes or if the built-in IP detection fails somehow (if it fails then WormNet is probably down but a 3rd party server may be up).

CyberShadow
2 Oct 2007, 13:37
You're right, I thought it did check for that. Well, it will from now on :)

Note that it detects its IP using a WHO response from the IRC server, so it should work when using 3rd-party servers as well.
Also, the option is useful when you want to use a hostname instead of an IP address.

twistah
2 Oct 2007, 14:02
So.. what should I do now?

CyberShadow
2 Oct 2007, 14:59
Get rid of "IP_Whacker", and uncheck "Force IP".

twistah
4 Oct 2007, 22:07
Works now.

T.