PDA

View Full Version : Finger Rolling in action

Johnny_B
7 Sep 2007, 12:01
Finally I've bought Zboard Ultimate Gaming KB (http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/keyboards/Zboard_Ultimate_Gaming_ZBD101_41597.html) with 2 spacebars and now I'm trying to use finger roll on it. Actually, it's not so easy as I expected... sooo I have a few simple questions for guys, who using finger roll for a wild.
1) R u using fr every time or just in some cases? When exactly u r using fr and when standard tap-technique?
2) Do u ever thinking about what finger shootes the rope and what finger unhooks it? Or that works different every time? If not, then what finger people usually using as a shoot-finger?)
3) How long it will takes to I can completely forget about 1 space and use 2 so good as 1?)

P.S. Here some information about me. I've started playing 23.02.2007 on Logitech Media Elite KB (http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/keyboards_logitech/Logitech_Media_Keyboard_Elite_105_17_967559_41933. html), and now I'm playing fly shopper (only hard maps), w3w-w5w (w4w is pretty easy 4 me) and i've just started to play some easy ttrr maps on single. Main tricks in my arsenal are: spikes, shadow, blitz, ex.hip-hop, mexi, outlaw, dragon.
P.S.S. Sorry for my bad english... school program. ^^

yakuza
7 Sep 2007, 12:04
My tip is, do not FR, it's not needed for sheet, just learn to rope the proper way and it'll be better in the long run.

lookias
7 Sep 2007, 19:14
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/ <------- fr tutorial from me ;)

playin with changing fingers is training, if u try the moves from my page, very offten, escpessially the shady scroll for scrolling and the outlaw for 2 tapes. u dont need 1 finger tapes after, maybe 5-10h training/warming.

the trick escspezially for scroll is to know when u have to make 3 tape combos and 2 tape combos. with some train in shady scrolls u can decide this as fast as u need in the game. wxw maps helped me learning scrolls, thats the hardest work.

now i dont think about taps anymore, i tape always with changing fingers (fast or slow). and i blame myself when i do 1 time not :D

greetz looki

Johnny_B
7 Sep 2007, 19:41
Ty, lookias. Actually I already have 2 keys, and spacebars on my new kb is really really sensitive.
One more thing... if i shoot the rope with first space, hold it and then push the second space while holding first one - the second push will be ignored. Sometimes i cant do really fast shadow or ex.shadow because of it. Is there any ways to fix that? Will that problem be fixed if i'll use some external program to bind 2 different keys as space?

yakuza
7 Sep 2007, 19:44
Don't get into the technical aspect of your keyboard and how it works at all, and if you really picky about that only get into it once you're really awesome with the rope. Focusing on those aspects so early will only slow your learning.

Don't get too logical about it and just play rope warmers for hours, you'll get better and better without asking yourself questions on how it works and how to do it, let it come naturally.

lookias
7 Sep 2007, 20:00
lol at yakuza :cool:
seriously we had the discusion about this time delay already. and i was called cheater for using 2 keys, but this cant be true anymore coz of any advantages from technic market like ur kb gives. but its stupid to get blamed and called something for good questions here.
at least is this rly a good question bcoz i find this ****, and this can only be fixed with a cheat, i dont own. but im sure this programm will be on for all soon.

u should fix ur problem with the foresome finger first, try all up side down. ull see its not really ur problem, leaving the keys, anymore (only sometimes), but u will become slow with taping a while.

do shadows 1 2 1 and 2 1 2.

greetz looki

Ty, lookias. Actually I already have 2 keys, and spacebars on my new kb is really really sensitive.

u should watch this too...

http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/2tapes.htm
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/fast%20taping.htm
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/3tapes.htm
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/imagination.htm

BarmaN
7 Sep 2007, 22:09
Here are my tips.

I'd say the primary thing is to learn to control the speed of your FR. Many players can achieve 20 taps per second, but it's just impractical! The rope may not have enough time to connect to the land before you press the spacebar again, therefore making your roping horribly unconsistent.
All you have to do is to release the rope as soon as it hooks. In WxW you won't need more than 10-12 taps per seconds. TTRR requires just slightly more.

1) R u using fr every time or just in some cases? When exactly u r using fr and when standard tap-technique?
I personally use FR all the time while roping, even if it's completely pointless. ^_^ Yet I've been playing this way since early 2005, so I just got used to tapping and can't really do anything without it.

Start with practicing shadow, and then advance to harder tricks like dragon, wizard and warlock. In my opinion scroll is one of the toughest things to perform with FR.

2) Do u ever thinking about what finger shootes the rope and what finger unhooks it? Or that works different every time? If not, then what finger people usually using as a shoot-finger?)
It relies on your personal preferences. Over time you'll stop worrying about pressing the spacebar with certain finger. Just try to find your own best configuration. And don't get too nervous! Think about consistency instead.
Anyway, you may find it interesting that some people rope cross-handed, which means that their left hand controls the arrows, and the other hand presses the spacebar. This can give better results in some cases, but requires to learn roping from the very beginning.

3) How long it will takes to I can completely forget about 1 space and use 2 so good as 1?)
The time you spend roping every day decides.

One more thing... if i shoot the rope with first space, hold it and then push the second space while holding first one - the second push will be ignored. Sometimes i cant do really fast shadow or ex.shadow because of it. Is there any ways to fix that? Will that problem be fixed if i'll use some external program to bind 2 different keys as space?
Hehe, it's not that simple. WA will respond to the second spacebar only if you've already released the first one.
Moreover, trying to omit this limitation deserves to be considered cheating, if you ask me.

PS You might like to watch my video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bEZYwXUVGY8) on YouTube, which shows myself playing rope race. I was using a 10 euro keyboard without any tweaks or fixes.

lookias
8 Sep 2007, 02:39
In my opinion scroll is one of the toughest things to perform with FR.

thats y i named an easy trick like shady scroll. this is really helpfull.

my space dont moving down anymore, it has one position and every little touch makes a space hit, otherwise u have to become used to the downtime of the space

greetz looki

Johnny_B
8 Sep 2007, 06:29
Many players can achieve 20 taps per second, but it's just impractical!Omg! Thats crazy... I cant do more than 5 in a sec.)
You might like to watch my video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bEZYwXUVGY8) on YouTube
Hmmm... seams to me, u r not using fr every time, am I right? U did a couple shadows there with standard tap technic.

lookias
8 Sep 2007, 16:52
5 taps is not rly worth doin fr but 20 taps isnt done with 2 fingers... cant belive ;D i do 14-15per second

Regulator
8 Sep 2007, 19:10
do not FR, it's not needed for sheet
Don't get too logical about it and just play rope warmers for hours, you'll get better and better without asking yourself questions on how it works and how to do it, let it come naturally.
Qft.

I don't mean to **** on any alternative tapping technique, but other than confusing new players with "OMG look how fast I tap LOL" can you actually prove there is any use for it? Honestly?

Looking at the vidoes provided by Lookias, I can safely say I can do all those moves using my left index on space as God intended. On top of that, i'm a particuarly slow tapper at around 8 taps/second on a good day. Despite this, I consider myself a very good roper. (More so on W2 than WA as i'm relatively new to the latter, but not bad there all the same.) With the right timing of one finger on one space and arrows, it's possible to reproduce equal, if not produce faster speeds of worm movement with greater control. (And, dare I say it, style?)

It's nice for you guys that you've got so involved with the technology, but at the end of the day you either fire the rope or disconnect it, and you can only do that when the rope is connected or it's not.

In fact, i'm so confident of this i'll happily match any replay you can provide (probably with a lot less ropes) using my own patented "Not being a ****" school of roping. Look, a challenge! :eek:

yakuza
8 Sep 2007, 20:32
Like I said, one needs to be a really awesome roper to justify the use of FR (see: Anubis), because anything less can be archieved by normal space bashing and still obtain the fastest scroll and speed possible whilst mantaining better control.

KRD
8 Sep 2007, 20:32
... as God intended.

Damn straight. I absolutely agree, especially with the bit about control and style.

This is the advice from the best roper the world has ever seen.

Fizix? Hah.

Nice post, though. I'd say the hype about tapping was revived on WWP last time around and it just hasn't gone away since. In spite of our best efforts with hosting the style contests and lots of Warmers. :rolleyes:

yakuza
8 Sep 2007, 20:40
Adding to the subject, all this "LOOK IM A PRO TAPPER" hype is only (has been for a while) killing the real progress of new school ropers. They wrongly undertand that tapping fast is a priority to roping with style and creativity, that it's the most practical way to get to the elite, when in fact, this couldn't be more wrong.
There's too many people who think tapping around the map whilst doing kicks over and over makes them a good roper, this is absurd.

Forget about tapping until you're so damn good it can actually make you look even better and allow you to obtain better speed, until that, stick to learning the basics and building up a roping skill.

This is the advice from the best roper the world has ever seen.

Johnny_B
9 Sep 2007, 06:27
yakuza, u r forgetting something... the more time u getting used to tap on 1 space - the more harder way gonna be to fr. That's y I wanna start fr so early. :rolleyes:

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 11:38
u didnt understand something, the movies on the page are ment as a tutorial for a beginner. they help u learning the taping with changing fingers. and thats not amazing, thats cheap u only have to train abit.
in all the site i dont show any amazing tap moves, because i dont want to brag with my taps, i give there a way for learning it fast. i do this with some moves, that u can react fast in the game with the right tape combo, 3 tap and 2 tap. a whole roper game can be made with 1 tape or 2,3 tap combos.
so plz dont realize any comments for fr from my page at all, thats not right.

at least you cant make 14taps per second with one finger, and im rly not in moods trying that with my kb and space dont break so easily with fr technik. thatsy fr is a good technik for amazing taps with out running mad on kb.

i give an example, i never seen one doing this with 1 finger:
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/2007-09-09 10.36.11 [Offline] vereor ut morbus.WAgame

yakuza, u r forgetting something... the more time u getting used to tap on 1 space - the more harder way gonna be to fr. That's y I wanna start fr so early. :rolleyes:

thats a good point and after some train with the moves on my site, u will have no problem doing all with 2 changing fingers.

Lex
9 Sep 2007, 12:16
Lookias, the root word of here is "tap", not "tape".

Instead of "tape", say "tap".
Instead of "tapes", say "taps".
Instead of "taping", say "tapping".

Edit: Never mind. I just read your latest post, and you seem to have fixed it all.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 12:19
Lookias, the root word of here is "tap", not "tape".

Instead of "tape", say "tap".
Instead of "tapes", say "taps".
Instead of "taping", say "tapping".

Edit: Never mind. I just read your latest post, and you seem to have fixed it all.

i need batch script to change all miss-spellings. :eek: but i will remember next time. ;)

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 12:34

You're missing the point though, FR is worse.

i give an example, i never seen one doing this with 1 finger:
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/2007-09-... morbus.WAgame

So one should learn how to FR only to be able that useless thing you did in that repaly?

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 12:42
You're missing the point though, FR is worse.

So one should learn how to FR only to be able that useless thing you did in that repaly?

i play always with changing fingers, u will not notcie if i dont want u to get anything about my tap technik. and i dont tap fast if i dont need, and at least if i do u wont notice it too, because there r many moves that dont looks like fast taping, u must have an idea of fr taping to see it.
and i didnt mention this move is usefull. and i knew that such a replay will realize another coment like urs.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 12:55
Can you make a bigger effort to explain yourself? I don't really understand what you're trying to tell me...

Are you talking about some sort of secret technique you can hide so other's can mimic you mad skills?

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 13:11
Can you make a bigger effort to explain yourself? I don't really understand what you're trying to tell me...

watch mres or anubis`s awesome replays, thats a destination for the own roping. i cant do like that, but even then its better. typing with one finger let u have some weakness in tapping, eg in similar situations, like my replay shows.
the only weakness of fr is that u have to leave the space key/s; befor u can press again; because its relaxed and easy to tap fast. theres no need for powerfull space hits, with 1 finger u r always on the limit of ur own abilities in tapping.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 13:12
I'm sorry, I can't continue debating with you because I simply don't understand.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 13:14
Are you talking about some sort of secret technique you can hide so other's can mimic you mad skills?

watch this

http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/froutlaw.gif

theres almost no delay between cutting and shooting the rope, thats what i mean with: u have to know fr for seeing fast taps.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 13:25
I can easily do that and I don't FR.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 13:31
I can easily do that and I don't FR.

no u cant do that with 1 finger, u have a longer delay, thatsy u cant do 14 taps per second if ur not mad enough. i know 1 finger taping.
but i wont show u any awesome replays here, because that would be stupid of me, fring is not tapping like basses appear in hardcore techno music, at all. its more.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 13:35
Erm, yes I can... :-/

Are you trying to explain me what roping tempo is? Son, go by my word os just drop this debate...

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 13:40
Erm, yes I can... :-/

Are you trying to explain me what roping tempo is? Son, go by my word os just drop this debate...

no u cant, when u tap one time u have to leave and go down with the finger again to tap another time, i only leave one finger and the other hits immediatly.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 13:43
Dude, stop going theorical on me, I'm just telling you I can, like many people can, the only advantage FR has over my roping is the scrolling and you have to be damn good already to show that advantage, that's probably not your case.

I can do outlaws, shadows and whatever as fast as the game allows it without FR, so stop saying I can't with no evidence or knowledge.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 13:51
Dude, stop going theorical on me, I'm just telling you I can, like many people can, the only advantage FR has over my roping is the scrolling and you have to be damn good alreayd to show that advantage.

I can do outlaws, shadows and whatever as fast as the game allows it with one FR, so stop saying I can't with no evidence or knowledge.

u dont want to see the point of fr, or u r not able. but u can say its worse. thats ur abilitiy in a conversation, like u want me to say i should shut up, because "many ppl and so on" i give a **** of that, that makes urself looking a lil stupid for me.

the greatest advantage of doing fr is the ability to cut and shoot the rope in a zero time window. thats what u dont want to notice, because its hard to explain and maybe some newbs think like u because they cant see it. but this is going worse, the issue is fr not diplomatic gamesmanship.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 14:15
Dude, I knew FR before you even knew worms existed, I've mastered FR, I've mastered Crosshanded, even tried crosshanded fr and a bunch of other random crap, and I'm trying to tell you a few things which you're trying to argue, so either trust in my judgement or drop this argument, I sincerly don't care. We can agree to disagree but before making your next post do an effort to believe what I'm saying because I know what I'm talking about and you should be listening instead of arguing.

You live under the impression that FR allows faster tapping when in reality you can tap as fast without FR and have more control, if you invest enough time into learning to rope normally, which you clearly haven't.

Like I said, me and many other ropers are able to do shadows AS FAST AS THE GAMES ALLOWS US TO, WITHOUT USING FR... do you understand?

Normal roping allows equally fast taps as FR, and this statement is true for 99% of the ropers. However, there are a few exceptions who can actually do good use of the FR technique, Anubis per example can perfectly scroll with FR, and he gains advantage from FingerRolling because those scrolls would be very tiresome and very damn hard to obtain without FR, and he has enough skill to pull them out, if you tried to scroll using FR it'd probably be a laughable scroll, no offence.

However, that's the only pro FR has, once you get really good at the game (you have a long way), it might be useful, but for starters, you shouldn't even think about using it, specially when you can tap as fast without it and still have better control.

Newbs start to FR because they think it's the easiest path, that's why there's so many mediocre ropers nowadays.

I sincelry don't know why I bothered typing all this when it's clear it's going to waste with someone like you, but hey, I tried.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 14:33
i play in wn, so i know the shads that are done with 1 finger and mine are better. im sitting on my kb and never move the hand or something i dont hit space with power, im absolutely relaxed, because i know if i want to rope in a special way, i do a tap combo, for a shadow i do 1 2 1 or 2 1 2, i can do that without thinking. with 1 finger u must 111 thats weird man, its no combo, combo tapping makes fun coz its soo easy.

and with the tutorial u can do the whole rope games with changing fingers, in a week. in a scroll u need shady scroll and 2tap combo, thats all, its easy. believe me i dont have problems with 2 fingers its the same level of difficult like with 1, if u train that right.

eg every roper can tap with thump or the 2 other fingers beside the thumb, y they cant with all fingers expected the thumb in a combo?
1.because its a lil hard to get used to it,

2.and its hard to erease the own habits, tapping with 1 finger

3.and because they tap with the use of the hand to become the finger down.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 14:36
i play in wn, so i know the shads that are done with 1 finger and mine are better.

Dude, are you unable to read or you're just being childish?

How can your shadows be better than what the game allows?

I told you I can tap as fast as the game allows without FR, and you keep coming back to say you can do it faster with FR.

You're clueless, this argument is done, you don't want to take my advice and learn a couple of things, instead you're trying to argue without even reading what I'm tryring to say, so that's it.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 14:44
Dude, are you unable to read or you're just being childish?

How can your shadows be better than what the game allows?

i find spezial cases close to the roof.
http://lookias.lo.funpic.de/page/fr%20tutorial/shadow.gif
thats avarage with fr, with one finger thats hard work and on the limit of own abilitys.

instead you're trying to argue without even reading what I'm tryring to say, so that's it.

get me, i decided to fr because i know what fr can and what 1 finger can not. the list of advanteges by doing fr is longer then this disscussion can pick up. moreover the rope style with 1 finger sucks, because it looks awesome how u (or u not, but then the most other roper) sit on the kb with 1 finger speed tapping.

I told you I can tap as fast as the game allows without FR, and you keep coming back to say you can do it faster with FR.
no i show u replays and animated gifs to explain, all what u do is text. i dont believe in god or the bibel, so i dont believe in ur text dood, i believe in that what i know from wn.u should show a wagame from ur amazing 1 finger skill.

yakuza
9 Sep 2007, 15:37
Dude, drop it, you're just a newbie with no idea, all those stupid gifs you're showing are perfectly able to do with 1 finger, you just have no clue, and because you refuse to learn and you rather debate continue being a roping ignorant noob hybrid kind of person.

Have a nice day

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 16:03
Dude, drop it, you're just a newbie with no idea, all those stupid gifs you're showing are perfectly able to do with 1 finger, you just have no clue, and because you refuse to learn and you rather debate continue being a roping ignorant noob hybrid kind of person.

Have a nice day

stop telling me u want to end this discussion now, thats called spamming. :rolleyes:

Johnny_B
9 Sep 2007, 17:15
Newbs start to FR because they think it's the easiest path, that's why there's so many mediocre ropers nowadays.Not me. I know that learning fr is much harder. And I also know that 1 finger tapping have there own limits that fr don't have. More relaxed taping is the biggest + in fr. I really liked WA when I started playing rope-games. I even dropped Counter-Strike because of it.)) I hope, that in 5 years I'll still be playing WA with the same fun. Let now fr is useless for me, but in couple years practising it can be useful. That's y I wanna learn fr now... to have some potential in future.
P.S. About "good control without fr": When u getting used to fr, u'll be rope automatically, without thinking. So, good control it's just the matter of time. It's like learning to drive a car, or trying to land "kick flip" on your first skateboard.

lookias
9 Sep 2007, 17:31
I hope, that in 5 years I'll still be playing WA with the same fun. Let now fr is useless for me, but in couple years practising it can be useful.

train shady scroll (i called it like that on my page) then u r on ur way fring nice scrolls, in a few hours.

Etho
10 Sep 2007, 08:26
lookias, every move you've explained or have shown can all be done with a single finger. You keep saying "no you can't" when you should be saying "no I can't". Just because you are unable to do something doesn't mean all people likewise cannot.

Almost every night for a year I used to play with the person who had the fastest taps in all of worms. (fastest I've seen anyways, which includes anubis) He used no tricks or cheats, just his insanely quick middle finger and his fine-tuned sense of timing.

Run
10 Sep 2007, 11:18
Chalk another one up for the "pompous roper with horrible typing" column

lookias
10 Sep 2007, 12:00
lookias, every move you've explained or have shown can all be done with a single finger. You keep saying "no you can't" when you should be saying "no I can't".

yes because i explained y, so be so patient and read my posts b4 writing with me. at least this issue is going stupid again, so im gone again..

PsychoFrea
10 Sep 2007, 13:31
Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

Regulator
10 Sep 2007, 20:02
Lookias,

Having watched the replay, I must say I agree with Yakuza that it is possible to move the worm like that using only one finger. And don't tell me I can't! I can also do those shadows tight to the roof, just for the record.

My point is that finger-rolling is unnecasarry and impractical.
I believe your only point is this:
when u tap one time u have to leave and go down with the finger again to tap another time, i only leave one finger and the other hits immediatly.
Now i'll slowly explain why this is wrong with the help of diagrams illustrating the simple, sacred, shadow.

Image 1 represents the point at which you would press space to fire a rope.
Image 2 shows the rope on it's way to the roof. At this point, even with my ploddingly slow tapping, my finger is no longer holding space down and is ready to tap it again. However, there is no point in doing so until the rope connects, otherwise the tap would not change anything in the game.
Image 3 is the point at which the rope has just connected to the roof. As mentioned in step two, my finger is now poised and waiting for this moment. And so, I press space and the rope detaches, leaving me with Image 1 again.

So you see, however many fingers are used, if you follow these three steps with one finger, it is not possible to tap any faster.

Now, i'm happy to explain anything in this post again if you don't understand it (though i'm not sure how as at this stage i'm literally drawing you pictures), but I won't be able to continue if you just tell me i'm wrong without explaining why, and at which stage. Hopefully with some nice punctuation and sentences which make sense.
Anyway, I hope you've taken the time to read my reply in it's entirety, and perhaps re-read it just to let it all sink in before you plan on replying. My point is less of an arguement, and more of a fact. I will respect you for politely admitting so, or leaving this thread more than if you try to argue with facts.

And as for you, Johnny_B!
Hopefully be reading my post you will understand my point: finger-rolling is unnecasarry and impractical.

I entirely agree with your point regarding "automatic" roping, where the moves come naturally and without thought. It's a motor skill, and is stored in another area of your brain which, like an elephant, never forgets. (Ever heard the phrase: "It's like riding a bicycle"?) That is for all roping though, not just finger-roping.

I strongly recommend one finger on space for a good few hours warming as the best way to learn. Good luck!

Anubis
10 Sep 2007, 21:13
I got linked to this thread, and like ropa said. master 1 finger first. I have made 2 replays, 1 with 1 finger and one with FR.

Of course my FR is better because I been FRing since 2002, but before that I did use 1 finger only. And I also recommend 1 finger first.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6820/currentkbtm0.jpg
My current KB, modded to the max but I don't want to encourage to go try it yourself because...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5101/3deadkbsmw7.jpg
3 Dead KB's, the one in the middle having extented metal pieces on their contacts (Only the vital ones for roping tho). That one being the one that granted me the fastest taps which was awesome back in 2003/4. The other 2 are after that era.

I am a hardcore hardware modder so don't go blame me, it was hard work (including sweat when making perfect metal pieces) costing me time and about 100 Euro. The result is shown below in the FR replay. ;)

Johnny_B
11 Sep 2007, 10:34
Regulator, okay... I'm not talking about game limits right now. I'm talking about my own limits. Now I can tap only 5,6 taps per sec. And I hope that with training fr I could do much better - that's all. Yes, I agree with u and yakuza that it's possible to tap with 1 finger on maximum speed that game allows. But I don't think that it's possible for me.

yakuza
11 Sep 2007, 11:20
Chalk another one up for the "pompous roper with horrible typing" column

Chalk another one up for the "frustated roper who trolls in a thread he is unable to contribute to" column.

franpa
11 Sep 2007, 11:30
Regulator, okay... I'm not talking about game limits right now. I'm talking about my own limits. Now I can tap only 5,6 taps per sec. And I hope that with training fr I could do much better - that's all. Yes, I agree with u and yakuza that it's possible to tap with 1 finger on maximum speed that game allows. But I don't think that it's possible for me.
you can only tap once eper second oO, the game only detects input every second so tapping any faster then once per second is pointless.... unless i made a mistake somewhere.

yakuza
11 Sep 2007, 12:08

It's not possible unless you train. You'll see the results faster with FR than you would with one finger, but in the long run it's much better to learn to rope with one finger because you'll have much more control and might become an elite roper instead of a stupid tap tap tap kick tap tap tap kick tap tap tap kick roper of the bunch. Once you because totally awesome then you might consider learning to FR, but now? Pointless.

Run
13 Sep 2007, 21:42
Chalk another one up for the "frustated roper who trolls in a thread he is unable to contribute to" column.

Me? A roper? *spit*

Cueshark
14 Sep 2007, 15:57
Particularly in RR, most of the people trying FR can only manage 5 seconds of roping before they crash.

Most of the time they are so obsessed with tap speed that they neglect what they are pressing on the arrows.

The arrow buttons hold the key to efficient and quick roping.

Only if you are a master of single finger roping should you attempt finger roll.

In summary, I don't think it's generally feasible to be able to maintain well timed taps at 10-15 per sec and exact control with the arrow keys. One has to suffer and it's usually the arrow button control.

I'd love to be proved wrong though : D

Plasma
14 Sep 2007, 21:29
you can only tap once eper second oO, the game only detects input every second so tapping any faster then once per second is pointless.... unless i made a mistake somewhere.
You are horribly, horribly wrong!
IIRC, CS said that the game had an fps of 50. So that should mean you're able to tap 25 times per second (one frame to reguster that the button isn't pressed, and one frame to register that it is)

MtlAngelus
15 Sep 2007, 07:53
You are horribly, horribly wrong!

That's old news. :p