PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun and grenade training

Nightfire
2 Sep 2007, 02:56
I have just finished all 33 missions on gold, and I also have elite in deathmatch. I have completed all of the training on gold level except the rifle range and artillery practice. I am finding those impossible, but it would be dumb to get this far and have to cheat. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat them? Thanks.

Run
2 Sep 2007, 04:04
Don't move about too much on the Shotgun one - just shoot through the terrain instead until the target is in line of sight

franpa
2 Sep 2007, 04:04
practice? lol how could you beat the missions with gold rank and NOT be able to do some of the training?

Nightfire
2 Sep 2007, 04:51
It took me quite a while to beat all the missions, and I didn't get gold on all of them first try. I have less patience for the training, it's much more repetitive and boring. Shotgun I'm not having as much trouble with, I just got extremely close to gold, but does anyone have any advice with the fuse settings on the grenade range?

SgtFusion
2 Sep 2007, 06:20
When the targets are really close to you, use the 1 second setting, and throw the grenade lightly (not with too much force). When the target is a little further away, you use the 2 second setting, and when it is on one side of the level or the other, use the 3 or 4 second setting. Then throw some good aiming into the mix, and after a few tries you should be doing pretty well.

Joeyjoejoe
2 Sep 2007, 11:22
You should pretty much always use 1 second grenades. For some of the ones on the far sides you might need to use 2 seconds if you don't get them straight away.

[UFP]Ghost
4 Sep 2007, 04:29
You should pretty much always use 1 second grenades. For some of the ones on the far sides you might need to use 2 seconds if you don't get them straight away.

I agree with Joey. When I got the gold I used mostly 2 second grenades but it's all about what you prefer. What would you rather get more practice in:
A) Shooting on a higher angle with a large fuse setting.
B) Shooting on a lower angle with high power and low fuse settings.

There is no one set way you have to do it, whatever works best is good.

Nightfire
4 Sep 2007, 15:14
Thanks for the tips guys, I managed to get gold on both of them :D

Chip
5 Sep 2007, 16:28
It took me ages to do that Grenade one but I found the rifle one easy though. :cool:

KRD
5 Sep 2007, 16:34
Thanks for the tips guys, I managed to get gold on both of them :D

Well done!

If it's any consolation, those two trainings are what a lot of people have left for last over the years. I've actually met quite a few extremely accomplished WormNet players who didn't have one or both of the two completed.

Of course in some examples it was simply because they didn't bother and never looked back after they experienced WormNet, but still. ;)

Run
6 Sep 2007, 03:41
Yeah the grenade training is the only thing I never managed

Kept killing myself