PDA

View Full Version : Online Game Problems

Proton Jon
26 Aug 2007, 05:41
I've been trying for the past week or so to play Worms Armageddon on Wormnet with my friends but I seem to keep having the same problem over and over again. I can enter the room just fine, send messages, etc... I can host the room fine, but when we start the game and the nuke pie loads, I'll either be instantly disconnected or sometime into a game get disconnected. I don't know if it's a computer problem or a networking problem or a game problem. My CD is the original US/Canada store release of the game (Original 1999 disc somehow still intact), I'm using the latest beta update (v3.6.28.0), my router is a D-Link 524 and I'm in the DMZ, my firewall's off, we tried using Direct IP connection with Hamachi, all had the same effect.

The only time it worked right (For a while) was when I restarted my computer, so that's what makes me wonder if it's a hardware problem. My computer was recently reformatted but I'm not sure if Armageddon worked before since I had Worms Party installed instead pre-format. In case it's a software problem and someone has had this before or knows how to fix it I figured it would be worth a shot here. Any ideas anyone, any help would be appreciated.

franpa
26 Aug 2007, 07:00
if your in the DMZ then disabling your firewall is insanely stupid...

what maps did you play? where they randomly generated? if its a large map does the other players click the map once its sent to accept it?

Proton Jon
26 Aug 2007, 07:02
if your in the DMZ then disabling your firewall is insanely stupid...

what maps did you play? where they randomly generated? if its a large map does the other players click the map once its sent to accept it?

I know that but I just wanted to rule it out as a cause of the problem. When it still happened I turned it back on.

The maps were all randomly generated.

franpa
26 Aug 2007, 07:48
have you tried manually entering the IP address that hamachi gives you into Worms Armageddons network configuration?

Proton Jon
26 Aug 2007, 08:06
have you tried manually entering the IP address that hamachi gives you into Worms Armageddons network configuration?

Manually entered for Direct IP Connection for games? Tried that, got into the room, loaded game, instant disconnection like every other thing I tried.

franpa
26 Aug 2007, 08:53
oh yea... um, tried playing not by direct IP?

Proton Jon
26 Aug 2007, 09:01
oh yea... um, tried playing not by direct IP?

You mean like on WormNet? Yeah I tried that. The only method I haven't tried recently is on an actual LAN. Back when I was on a lan last month or so though, the game ran perfectly.

Tried it out a bit more tonight. Seemed like any map that was built into the game like a mission map worked fine. Certain random generated ones didn't seem to work. That suggests an update issue but I uninstalled WA and reinstalled with the patch and it didn't make a difference.

CyberShadow
26 Aug 2007, 16:25
What is the error you or other players are disconnected with? If it's desynchronization, please post the replays generated by both parties.

I assume that both you and all the other players are using 3.6.28.0?

Proton Jon
26 Aug 2007, 21:13
What is the error you or other players are disconnected with? If it's desynchronization, please post the replays generated by both parties.

I assume that both you and all the other players are using 3.6.28.0?

It's just me who gets disconnected, everyone else continues to be able to play the game perfectly fine unless I'm the one hosting, then obviously we all get disconnected.

The message that comes up on my sceen is "Player disconnected due to desynchronization - " then the team name and online username of whoever I was playing with.

When this happens in a game I'm in, on my opponent's screen it says the same message, but only my name and team name show up. I can't grab their replay right now but I attached mine so you can see what I mean. The game submitted doesn't have me hosting.

We are all using 3.6.28.0, everyone I've tried playing with has had the most recent patch.

Last night I was able to play some games perfectly fine with absolutely no disconnect at all. I managed to get two games straight in, then it kept happening. I've attached a replay of a working game underneath the disconnect replay just in case that makes a difference. Same setup as before, I joined my friend who was hosting, the only difference is two of the three maps were preset ones, the first map we did was randomly generated.

Edit: Yeah, using a preset map didn't make a difference.