PDA

View Full Version : The Fiddler: What can it do?

SgtFusion
15 Aug 2007, 22:11
Title. Please answer my question, or direct me to an adequate information source. Thanks.

yakuza
15 Aug 2007, 22:27
How hard is it to take a look at stickies and then use common sense?

http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32945

SgtFusion
15 Aug 2007, 23:03
The worms2d page on the fiddler gives me next to no information on what exactly it can do (I know it's a scheme editor, but I wanted more specific information).

MadEwokHerd
15 Aug 2007, 23:06
I suggest you download a copy and look for yourself. Making it actually work will probably be more difficult, but you can certainly see what the options are.

robowurmz
16 Aug 2007, 09:55
www.nanacide.com/wahelp

Look for the fiddler installation tutorial there.

The Fiddler can make any weapon at all. You can make a bouncing homing mine, which has clusters that dig. I made a super sheep strike have 50000 super sheep come out. And I could fly them all too. The fiddler can also make turn based events, like making an earthquake happen on turn six, etc etc.

SgtFusion
18 Aug 2007, 04:38
There is part of the installation directions (on worms2d.info) that I don't understand - that is, the part that says "Do not install the update." and later "Rename WA.exe to 30.exe. Install the update. You will have 2 exes, 30.exe and WA.exe." What update? An official patch that updates WA to 3.0.0.0? I already have that exe version. In that case, what other update could they be talking about?

sorry for doubleposting, but I really want an answer to my question so I can use the Fiddler. I just discovered that I might be able to make a digging super sheep that explodes in fire.

robowurmz
18 Aug 2007, 08:47
You don't know about the Update? The W:A 3.6.28.0 update?
It's here on this forum, you might like to search it. It allows many new things, including png maps of up to 30,000 x 30,000 pixels.

Unfortunately the fiddler doesn't work on it, so that's why you have two exes. One for old, one for new.

SgtFusion
18 Aug 2007, 17:19
Oh..that patch. I already have that one installed on a different installation of Worms Armageddon in a different directory. By the way, I'm having problems getting my settings into the game. How did you do it?

Note:I have Windows XP home edition with Service Pack 2