PDA

View Full Version : Worms over Hamachi

erics4
14 Aug 2007, 21:21
Are there any special settings I need? Currently, two of my friends are behind a router, and then I'm at another location. We're all connected to the same Hamachi network, but we can't see each other in the network lobby, we can't direct connect, and we can't connect via wormnet.

We've tried forcing our IP addresses, and our firewalls are disabled.

I'm totally at a loss here. What do I need to do?

Oh, also, at the other location (where there are 2 people behind the same router), one can see the other in the network lobby but the other can't see anybody. However they can see eachother's messages. I can't see anything of theirs.

Thanks so much in advance! I'm dying to play this game with my friends!

CyberShadow
14 Aug 2007, 22:03
I can't give you any advice regarding setting up W:A with Hamachi, but we can try helping you set up your router so you can host for real. You should resort to Hamachi only when everything else has failed (e.g. you don't have access to your router at all, or are in an university LAN).

erics4
15 Aug 2007, 01:23
It's cool - one of the problems was one of my friends had ICS enabled on his hamachi interface (don't ask me how that happened...). After that was resolved, still no luck...

So I just set up a Hamachi based MyWormNET server and all is well. :)

I suppose Worms thinks of the Hamachi IPs as internet IPs rather than local network IPs?

franpa
15 Aug 2007, 02:20
correct, hamachi fools your computer into thinking your network is teh internetz.

Devoluti0n
15 Aug 2007, 03:03
For more informations, you can google for VNP.

Btw, can you tell me what you mean with ICS please ?
I had exactly the same problem, and it's interesting to have more informations about the way to solve it.
Thx ;)

erics4
15 Aug 2007, 03:23
ICS = Windows XP's Internet Connection Sharing...Sorry for the vagary. By the way Devoluti0n, how did you go about solving the problem?

Devoluti0n
16 Aug 2007, 12:19
Ah ok :).

Bah In fact the ics was always off so it's not the problem for me.
Well I don't have solved my problem.
I can't share my file, and I can't see anyone in the lobby.

It's Weird ...

pontuza
17 Aug 2007, 16:12
I can't conect to worm net ...where can I found a password and username?

robowurmz
17 Aug 2007, 16:13
You don't need either.

Just type a name and any old garbage for a password, and it works. Or you can double-click on AutoLogin.

franpa
18 Aug 2007, 04:58
autologin requires a name, and so does manually logging in, else you wont see any channels to join.