PDA

View Full Version : Resolution issues?

scarecrow
24 Jul 2007, 21:16
Whenever I play a WA game, online or offline, with a resolution 1240x1080 or above, everything goes black, and there is a message on the middle i\of the screen that says "Frequency unavailable try other resolutions" or something like that. The menus work fine, this only occurs when I play a game..... It works if I lower the resoltion to a ridiculous low number.
Also, this is a new problem, seemingly came out of nowhere. I could play high res games before.

What is the problem?

CyberShadow
25 Jul 2007, 00:37
Most likely, W:A tries to use the resolutions with the maximum refresh rate that, as Windows reports, is available - however your monitor doesn't support. This is probably caused by not having your monitor configured with Windows - have you installed the information files that usually come on a CD together with your monitor? You could also try downloading the monitor drivers from the manufacturer's website. The monitor could also be in Windows' monitor database - if autodetection failed, you can try specifying your monitor model from Windows' list manually. As a last resort, you can edit the list of available resolutions manually using software like PowerStrip.