PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon and Windows XP Service Pack 2 HELP!!!

darkshade1
21 Jul 2007, 15:55
i have the sold out software version of the game and it doesnt work. i can install it fine but then when i click to go play it, it makes the screen go black and then after about 5 seconds, it goes back to the desktop and nothing happens. i haven't even seen the team 17 logo. it basically doesn't run. i've patched, updated, and a whole bunch of other stuff but still doesn't do anything. i have windows xp service pack 2 and a good dell computer with high memory and graphics, so if anyone could help me out, that'd be great!!

franpa
21 Jul 2007, 23:18
uninstall game
install game
update game with "beta update 3.6.28.0"
play like crazy.

Chip
22 Jul 2007, 11:18
If that still doesn't work then go into the WA main folder (root directory) and toggle on the "slowfrontendworkaround" thing.

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2007, 08:44
Yes, let us know how that goes.

darkshade1
23 Jul 2007, 17:07
the beta update thing didn't work. it said that there was an error that can be found in ERRORLOG.TXT file.

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2007, 20:57
Well, how about posting that ERRORLOG.TXT file?

_Kilburn
31 Jul 2007, 22:44
Well, I have the exact same problem, but with Windows Vista Home Premium, on my laptop. (I have a 16 GHz Intel Celeron M Processor, and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950)

I've tried to set it on compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and Windows 98, toggled SlowFrontendWorkaround on, and it still doesn't work. :(

Could you please find out what's wrong ? Here is my error log. (I had to split it into 2 parts because it's too long)

Muzer
1 Aug 2007, 10:07
IIRC, Intel graphics card drivers on Vista have no DirectDraw support. That's IIRC. Try updating the drivers. If I'm right, then tough luck. WA relies on DirectDraw. Without DD, WA would be nothing. Nothing can stand between WA and DirectDraw, except a graphics card driver that doesn't support it.

And to the original poster, try adding /NOINTRO to the end of your WA shortcut. To do this, right click your WA shortcut, click properties, in the target box OUTSIDE the quotes type /NOINTRO . Therefore, if your WA path is C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\WA.EXE, the whole contents of the target box will look like:
"C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\WA.EXE" /NOINTRO

CyberShadow
1 Aug 2007, 21:03
Thanks - and indeed, Intel's drivers for Vista aren't compatible with W:A (yet). You can hope for them to fix the drivers, or wait for a planned major update to W:A (4.0) which will use more modern methods to display graphics.