PDA

View Full Version : Random freezes when hosting

OddFlame
21 Jul 2007, 00:12
Whenever I host a game on WormNet, we get about half way through or close to the end of the match, until, randomly , it freezes! The sound continues playing for a few more seconds. I'm forced to close the game through the task manager.

My game is using the latest patch.

My specs, if they're of any use:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.6GHz
2048MB DDR2 800 RAM
ATI Radeon X1800XT 256MB
Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit

Please help.

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2007, 08:43
It might be a driver problem or a problem with your software firewall. Try disabling/uninstalling your firewall if any, and updating your sound, video and network card drivers.

OddFlame
24 Jul 2007, 04:40
It might be a driver problem or a problem with your software firewall. Try disabling/uninstalling your firewall if any, and updating your sound, video and network card drivers.

All my drivers are up to date. The only firewall I'm using is Windows Firewall and WA is on the exceptions list anyway.

CyberShadow
24 Jul 2007, 19:44
Can you minimise the game when it "freezes", or do you have to operate blindly in order to kill WA.exe from the Task Manager?

OddFlame
25 Jul 2007, 19:28
Can you minimise the game when it "freezes", or do you have to operate blindly in order to kill WA.exe from the Task Manager?

I do my best to shut the game down (and believe me, I usually handle crashes well), but it's just stuck on the screen and I'm forced to reboot.

Update: It now seems that this bug happens not only when I'm hosting, but any time when I'm playing in-game. Also, I'm able to open the task manager and force the game shut, but only 30% of the time.

KRD
26 Jul 2007, 16:32
California's getting pretty high temperatures now, I hear, perhaps it's an overheating problem. I'd certainly look into that.

And if that does prove to be the case, there's a feature planned for one of the following WA updates that should take care of this problem completely, assuming your computer can run other games without dying.

OddFlame
27 Jul 2007, 21:47
California's getting pretty high temperatures now, I hear, perhaps it's an overheating problem. I'd certainly look into that.

And if that does prove to be the case, there's a feature planned for one of the following WA updates that should take care of this problem completely, assuming your computer can run other games without dying.

Yeah, no other games freeze like this. My PC stands pretty strong, even when it's hot. Besides, if it were an overheating problem, the computer would automatically reboot.